OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look who was feeling somewhat photogenic today!
IMG_9561.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Easter present to myself was a new coral!!
Not one you’d expect but it’s been one of the few “holy grail” Goni’s I’ve wanted and I got it for a nice price after waiting for prices to drop on this coral…
Photos to come! Take your guesses in the mean time @steveschuerger I think you’ll love this one.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is over! He’s in and settled this morning…
IMG_9676.jpeg

A gorgeous green glitter bomb Goni! I’d love a red one but when I saw this guy sat in the corner it was hard to resist.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Glitter Bomb?
Highlighter?
Green Glitter Bomb?
The Highlighter is one I believe I’ve seen at my LFS. It’s definitely stunning, I’m waiting for an amazeballs as my next one though!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The wait is over! He’s in and settled this morning…
IMG_9676.jpeg

A gorgeous green glitter bomb Goni! I’d love a red one but when I saw this guy sat in the corner it was hard to resist.
Patrick Swayze Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Highlighter is one I believe I’ve seen at my LFS. It’s definitely stunning, I’m waiting for an amazeballs as my next one though!
Nice! This is mine . I got it when it was on a doorbuster sale. Otherise , like you said, way too expensive
IMG_3129.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not intentional but I came back with a fish. This is a temporary one until my 5’ is up and atleast a month into being set up. A gorgeous Twin Spot Goby - Signigobius biocellatus.
IMG_9711.jpeg

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not intentional but I came back with a fish. This is a temporary one until my 5’ is up and atleast a month into being set up. A gorgeous Twin Spot Goby - Signigobius biocellatus.
IMG_9711.jpeg
I tried them in a 30 a few years back . I didn’t know how horribly aggressive Splendid Dottybacks were as I was just really starting out and a total noob. I’d love try them again, but I think a small one species tank if I did.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried them in a 30 a few years back . I didn’t know how horribly aggressive Splendid Dottybacks were as I was just really starting out and a total noob. I’d love try them again, but I think a small one species tank if I did.
Im only temporarily housing her in this tank as I feel long term she may be outcompeted.
But her personality was too much to resist.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a good nano update for everyone!
This guy just hops around quite happily and I love her. Definitely going to be in my 5’ when that’s somewhat established as her personality is too good to not put her in the big tank!
IMG_9767.jpeg

And now some coral/clam photos!
IMG_9759.jpeg

IMG_9757.jpeg

IMG_9756.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9747.jpeg

And my absolute giant of a Cataphyllia. He must be 6-8 inches long now when fully extended. I’m going something right but I have no idea what. I need to move him more towards the middle as he is encroaching onto the corals to the right of him as seen in the above photo.
IMG_9786.jpeg

Obviously, my adorable Lavander Firefish :)
IMG_9751.jpeg

The FTS to show everything off!! I’ll also do a Progression post from before the crash, during the crash and now :)
IMG_9764.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the progression shots…
Back before the Tin levels became an issue in August/September. This was mainly an SPS system with the colour and growth that was insanely fast.
IMG_6748.jpeg

Then the tin levels became an issue, here’s the aftermath of that. I lost a ton of colonies and frags from that but kept going as I was still managing with SPS.
IMG_7415.jpeg

Then the crash of November hit… This wiped out 2 fish, all but 1-2 corals (My Pumpkin Patch Echinata and my Ironman Favia). I was about to throw the towel in but with faith from @Miami Reef and all the rest of you I kept fighting!
IMG_8163.jpeg

And now today, I may not be growing SPS as fast as I previously could but looking back at my first TDS of the tank, I wouldn’t go back to full SPS. I can get the colours and movement from my LPS with much less difficulty. And I no longer have a constant fear that one will just strip randomly, there’s warning signs before they strip and die.
I will always have some form of SPS, whether they’re easy beginner species or some higher level Acros I don’t mind. I do however know, LPS are going to be a big feature in the coming years with this tank and I’m excited to see what I get! I see Goni’s becoming a huge thing along with maybe some of the encrusting LPS like Favia.
IMG_9764.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gives me hope certainly! My tanks have not been great recently. Good on you for keeping going!
If you ever need to talk about it feel free to message! I know the feeling, but remember that no matter how difficult it may get, there’s always a light :)

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever need to talk about it feel free to message! I know the feeling, but remember that no matter how difficult it may get, there’s always a light :)
I’ll second that. I was really having a time back when I moved to the 60 gallon I recently had up. When moving from tanks the heater I was using developed a voltage leak. Lost a bunch of corals. Really kinda down for a little while. But now I’ve got my 90 looking good and for now I’m content. Don’t worry it’ll turn around .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back