The Angel Lovers Thread

Katherine Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who else just LOVES the Swallowtail angel fish family?? I have a male and two females in my coral farm tank and they are a beautiful addition and have 100% been reef safe for me :) Screenshot_20221219_142631_Signal.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who else just LOVES the Swallowtail angel fish family?? I have a male and two females in my coral farm tank and they are a beautiful addition and have 100% been reef safe for me :) Screenshot_20221219_142631_Signal.jpg
I do, unfortunately mine has faced some damage to his scales (I have no idea who has done it but a few of my fish have had nips recently which is a shame).
E74B8172-F56C-4283-8C3D-24AC34BB6217.jpeg

Katherine Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, unfortunately mine has faced some damage to his scales (I have no idea who has done it but a few of my fish have had nips recently which is a shame).
Oh no! That's surprising to me. My Male is king of the tank lol Everyone knows he is boss. Even the 8" rabbit fish allows him to eat first.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! That's surprising to me. My Male is king of the tank lol Everyone knows he is boss. Even the 8" rabbit fish allows him to eat first.
It’s a surprise to me as it’s normally the fact everyone leaves him alone which makes me wonder if it’s one of the inverts.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the inverts? Like who?
Well, I have a Golden Dwarf Boxer Shrimp and a Sally Lightfoot Crab, both of which have pinch marks that match some of the wounds I’ve seen on some of the other fish.

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, undortunately this morning he seems to be on his last fins… this photo was taken a few hours ago, currently I have him in a net that’s covered by a towel to try and not cause too much stress.
A73851F3-B8D6-49AC-B505-FEFDAA5B6114.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, undortunately this morning he seems to be on his last fins… this photo was taken a few hours ago, currently I have him in a net that’s covered by a towel to try and not cause too much stress.
A73851F3-B8D6-49AC-B505-FEFDAA5B6114.jpeg
Unfortunately I lost this guy later in the day (around 5pm my time). I didn’t have much hope in the start due to how badly he was doing however I couldn’t think of any possible way to euthanise him that I could do - all my LFSs were shut. So I unfortunately had to play the waiting game.

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the bellus we had going rogue, is there a better angel we could try with a copperband? Specifically Lamarcks or Wantanabei?

I know it differs from fish to fish, but we'd love to have one, but also have a copperband as our favorite.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the bellus we had going rogue, is there a better angel we could try with a copperband? Specifically Lamarcks or Wantanabei?

I know it differs from fish to fish, but we'd love to have one, but also have a copperband as our favorite.
From what I’ve seen, both those angels should be alright. I would add the CBB first and get it well established before trying another Angel though.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, one of the OG Peppermint Angels collected back in ‘01 and sold to a Japanese hobbyist is still alive in his dedicated setup for it. That makes it 21 years in captivity + however old it was when collected in the wild.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are amazing fish, Genicanthus males have amazing colors and your fish is very beautiful, the amount of flow in the tank is very important to them, what water circulation are you using and what is the size of your coral farm tank?

Pimba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I had two from Poma. We’re together 2 years. Fun to watch them interact.
Thanks for the reply. I already have one in my DT for about a month now. I might add another. Very lovely and colourful fish.

Btw I had to get rid of my emperor juvi to house the Singapore.

Katherine Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are amazing fish, Genicanthus males have amazing colors and your fish is very beautiful, the amount of flow in the tank is very important to them, what water circulation are you using and what is the size of your coral farm tank?
Hi! Feel free to check out my build thread!
I have this handsome guy in my 300 gallon frag tank (8'x4'x16") and I use two Jebao SCP 180s. Those gyres are SOO strong lol I have the settings as low as they can go and still wish I could lower it some more :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Feel free to check out my build thread!
I have this handsome guy in my 300 gallon frag tank (8'x4'x16") and I use two Jebao SCP 180s. Those gyres are SOO strong lol I have the settings as low as they can go and still wish I could lower it some more :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Hi Katherine, I'll look for your build thread of course and go through it calmly, I love Genicanthus males and your fish is beautiful, the low tanks are aesthetically great and have a more comfortable level of maintenance IMO.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I post a photo of my new boy in a few hours, I would like to say one thing;
You guys are very influential.
I'm intrigued, is it a regal angelfish? Unfortunately I lost my coral beauty angel a couple of days ago due to the cold wave, I still have my eibli angel in qt, it seems that the ravages of bacterial diseases have passed and there is a guy interested in buying it, I think he will leave, and with the death of my CB, it seems I have space for butterflyfish.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back