i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New picture of my little angel

IMG_3840.jpeg
I need new photos of my three, maybe tonight ill get some.

Also, anyone know how Multicolour Dwarfs are with clams of the Tridacna genus?

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think , how long have you had your majestic angel? I quite like them, and I have an upgrade coming in the next couple years, but I don't know the rate they grow at.
Would it be possible to have a juvenile in my current 3 by 2 foot system, or should I just wait until I upgrade?

Also, do you have any idea about whether eibli angels are in any way acceptable for a softie reef?

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think , how long have you had your majestic angel? I quite like them, and I have an upgrade coming in the next couple years, but I don't know the rate they grow at.
Would it be possible to have a juvenile in my current 3 by 2 foot system, or should I just wait until I upgrade?

Also, do you have any idea about whether eibli angels are in any way acceptable for a softie reef?
So Majestic angels have a rather slow growth rate, I’ve had mine since 23rd April 23. However in the time I’ve had her she’s really not grown much, maybe 1/4” more.
As for if you could have one for a few years, if it’s only say 1.5-2 years then sure but any longer and I’d be cautious. Also, you’ll want to get one that is juvenile or just barely transitioning (they transition at a small size).

In terms of Eibli, I believe these are the safest for a Softie tank but any Zoas will be taken out.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought 2 1" captive bred juv Majestics June 2022, the larger one is almost 2.5" and the smaller one is barely pushing 2" one is in a 480g system and the other in a 300g system so IMO they grow fairly slow

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I should learn to condense my questions into one post.

Are Eibli angels more aggressive than Coral Beauty, or at the same level? I know they're both meant to be semi-aggressive, but there is better and worse semi-aggressiveness.

It was mentioned earlier that I could potentially keep multiple dwarf angels, would both a Coral Beauty and an Eibli work together, or are they too similar in looks and temperament?

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are Eibli angels more aggressive than Coral Beauty, or at the same level? I know they're both meant to be semi-aggressive, but there is better and worse semi-aggressiveness.

It was mentioned earlier that I could potentially keep multiple dwarf angels, would both a Coral Beauty and an Eibli work together, or are they too similar in looks and temperament?
I have an Eibli and a Coral Beauty and I've never actually seen them interact. Apologies for the poor photos but I promise you can see them in there.
I've seen post that said their Coral Beauty was really aggressive and there are probably some that say the same about the Eibli but mine are both relatively peaceful. I would say they can definitely potentially be kept together. There was a period where my Eibli was kind of aggressive so I would personally rank him a little higher I guess. He's been super peaceful since he got moved back to third in the pecking order.

PXL_20230902_010944774.jpg

PXL_20230902_011015662.jpg

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Centropyge eibli is more aggressive than any other angel I have had, even a flame angel, but this is just my experience. Coral beauty has been aggressive on very few occasions, it will depend on the temperament of each fish, I can recommend that you get the smallest fish you can get, also regarding your previous question, members of the flavissima complex are the most prone to nipping the corals especially the LPS corals within the reef tank, once again these data are generalized and Centropyge eibli belongs to this complex, a varied diet from juveniles can help, a good size would be 2".

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I really appreciate the anecdotal advice and help.
If it were any of you, would you risk it aggression wise for an Eibli angel?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I really appreciate the anecdotal advice and help.
If it were any of you, would you risk it aggression wise for an Eibli angel?
I’ve only had one Coral Beauty be aggressive and this is my wild caught max size Tiger Tail. She isn’t overly aggressive though and is instead more passive with her aggressive tendencies. She was more aggressive when introduced as she was the same size as my regal (and still is).

Photos to come of the group ;)

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So erm, my lfs has a bunch of angelfish and my mum are hooked onto them. Can anyone give me some experience on whether keyhole angels and eibli angels are reef safe? They ain't got firefish or coral beauties, and I seriously don't want anything to strip my corals clean at this time. I can't find a lot of informations on keyholes but they are god danged cheap.

Also would like tips on whether Kleini and teardrop butterflies are reef safe, I kinda need someone to peck out a few specific aiptasias and those two are the flies I know are eating and healthy.

Brymac1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So erm, my lfs has a bunch of angelfish and my mum are hooked onto them. Can anyone give me some experience on whether keyhole angels and eibli angels are reef safe? They ain't got firefish or coral beauties, and I seriously don't want anything to strip my corals clean at this time. I can't find a lot of informations on keyholes but they are god danged cheap.

Also would like tips on whether Kleini and teardrop butterflies are reef safe, I kinda need someone to peck out a few specific aiptasias and those two are the flies I know are eating and healthy.
I tried a keyhole angel a few months ago and it was the least reef safe angel I have kept. It non stop picked at sps polyps. I don’t usually mind occasional picking but the constant picking was just too much.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Majestic. That brings my angelfish count to 5

emperor
blueface
asfur
flame

my blueface is finally showing signs of changing. You can see a yellow band across his eyes now.
Emperor has yet to show any signs. They are both 4" in length

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a keyhole angel a few months ago and it was the least reef safe angel I have kept. It non stop picked at sps polyps. I don’t usually mind occasional picking but the constant picking was just too much.
Big no - no then. Shame, that fish was for thirty bucks.
The eibli I've heard people being ok with but I don't trust it myself.

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, also, how do these fish tolerate prison boxes? If I do end up needing to return the fish, I'll need to imprison it in a breeder box cuz my lfs is too far to make double trips in a single day.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, also, how do these fish tolerate prison boxes? If I do end up needing to return the fish, I'll need to imprison it in a breeder box cuz my lfs is too far to make double trips in a single day.
It should be a decent sized box, enough to add some PVC hiding place inside, although the larger the keyhole angel is, the more stress it will have when it's chased to put it in a smaller space. Eibli angel is also very prone to biting corals, especially LPS corals. If you want an angel in your reef tank, I recommend that you wait until a fish with a better reputation is available and place it in a quarantine where you can get it used to it to commercial foods.

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be a decent sized box, enough to add some PVC hiding place inside, although the larger the keyhole angel is, the more stress it will have when it's chased to put it in a smaller space. Eibli angel is also very prone to biting corals, especially LPS corals. If you want an angel in your reef tank, I recommend that you wait until a fish with a better reputation is available and place it in a quarantine where you can get it used to it to commercial foods.
yeah no angels I guess. A baby potter's came in this week but those are way too expensive.
What are the angels that have a good probability of not eating coral? Flameback, firefish, coral beauty, cherub, geniacanthus, and regal. is that it?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back