My angels today
7DA2E3A5-908D-4B6B-A201-BE04126AE55D.jpeg

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Researching an upgrade to my basement tank ( currently a 125). Looking to do either an emperor, or a blue face angel. I know i cant do both, even in the proper tank, as they will just kill eachother.

Would a 6 fooy 240, 72x24x31 be sufficient long term, or do i need to look at the 96x24x25?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 angels so far in my 150 sps tank. Have plans to add 2 more! For now this is what I have:

- Small 3” bandit angel
- Joculator angel 2”
- Conspic 3 1/2”

a01f588d7a0d252e82f08d6287c4b49b.jpg

17d59e545af79cb253dffdb684827c75.jpg

551c2f312de25eb0d62ec3775e340c88.jpg

Nice! I am planning on adding a pair of Bandits, but not until this fall. Summer is so busy I want to make sure I have more time to deal with the QT tank.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I am planning on adding a pair of Bandits, but not until this fall. Summer is so busy I want to make sure I have more time to deal with the QT tank.

Thanks! This bandit was aggressive in QT, he was taking on fish twice his size! Had to move him to his own tank. Thankfully the purple tang and conspic keep him in check so far.

Very cool fish I had one many years ago, bigger specimen and wanted to get another. He’s the perfect size I think.

Good luck with your pairing! Next on my list is an interruptus!

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! This bandit was aggressive in QT, he was taking on fish twice his size! Had to move him to his own tank. Thankfully the purple tang and conspic keep him in check so far.

Very cool fish I had one many years ago, bigger specimen and wanted to get another. He’s the perfect size I think.

Good luck with your pairing! Next on my list is an interruptus!
Another question for everyone. Can you keep a blueface and emperor together? Would be 7 foot 265 if I did it

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to hopefully do it at the same time.

I have a blueface, chrysus angel, big scribbled angel with a goldflake, flagfin and Cortez angel... I had an emperor and I had to take out because he was passive, too passive.. And a medium size passer angel i have... Majestic i had to take out as well because too passive.... I have a 265 with about 550 of total water volume... Except for those two instances everybody gets along..

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blueface, chrysus angel, big scribbled angel with a goldflake, flagfin and Cortez angel... I had an emperor and I had to take out because he was passive, too passive.. And a medium size passer angel i have... Majestic i had to take out as well because too passive.... I have a 265 with about 550 of total water volume... Except for those two instances everybody gets along..

The only other super aggressive fish in that tank would be my niger trigger. The rest would be tangs and wrasses and clowns etc.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question for everyone. Can you keep a blueface and emperor together? Would be 7 foot 265 if I did it

I have a gold flake, a rock beauty, an emperor, a majestic, and two regal in a 300 gallon with no major issue. There are some chasing around but no real damage. I heard blue face can be quite aggressive though.

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You removed Emperor and Passer because the were "passive"? Or did you mean aggressive?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gold flake, a rock beauty, an emperor, a majestic, and two regal in a 300 gallon with no major issue. There are some chasing around but no real damage. I heard blue face can be quite aggressive though.
They would be the last fish added to the system. If that helps.

eliseei78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y'all know how active a coral beauty angel is supposed to be? I got one a few weeks ago and all it does is hide in the rocks. I've seen it eat and it swims around in the crevices but it never actually comes out. I have some clownfish in there with it and it hangs out in the rocks with them all the time so I don't think it's an aggression/territorial issue. It seemed to come out a lot when I first got it but not so much anymore. No sign of disease either so do I just have a shy fish or is there something else I'm missing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back