The Angel Lovers Thread

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Centropyge flavissima in quarantine. Such an inquisitive fish.

20220928_140314.jpg
20220928_140304.jpg
20220928_140242.jpg
20220928_140240.jpg
20220928_140239.jpg
20220928_140237.jpg
20220928_140218.jpg
20220928_140158.jpg

And my koran and cream angel in their holding tank while I get the 180 gallon up and running.

I've always thought of the lemonpeel as one of the most attractive angels.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advise on keeping multiple angels in my 180 gallon FOWLR. I have an Interruptus Angel that seams to kill any other angel I put in the tank. He chases and harasses them over a few months until they die. I’ve had a pair of goldflake, and pair of poma lab blue line angels die. He is a dwarf angle and the others are from the large Angel group and they were all bigger than him. I didn’t have them all at the same but the interruptus and one other pair. Then added another pair when these died and same thing happened. I don’t believe it was a disease as I have a very strict qt process. And no signs of anything wrong with them when they died other than the constant chasing from the interruptus. He doesn’t bother the butterflies or tangs at all. Do you think if I added more than one other pair at a time would help? More angels to maybe spread the aggression? I currently have him in isolation as I got a good deal on a trio of flames. And of course he started chasing them. I’ve tried selling him but no one around here will pay that price. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advise on keeping multiple angels in my 180 gallon FOWLR. I have an Interruptus Angel that seams to kill any other angel I put in the tank. He chases and harasses them over a few months until they die. I’ve had a pair of goldflake, and pair of poma lab blue line angels die. He is a dwarf angle and the others are from the large Angel group and they were all bigger than him. I didn’t have them all at the same but the interruptus and one other pair. Then added another pair when these died and same thing happened. I don’t believe it was a disease as I have a very strict qt process. And no signs of anything wrong with them when they died other than the constant chasing from the interruptus. He doesn’t bother the butterflies or tangs at all. Do you think if I added more than one other pair at a time would help? More angels to maybe spread the aggression? I currently have him in isolation as I got a good deal on a trio of flames. And of course he started chasing them. I’ve tried selling him but no one around here will pay that price. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Can you set up a small observation tank plumbed into your sump to hold the Interruptus while you add other angels. Then add him back when done?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you set up a small observation tank plumbed into your sump to hold the Interruptus while you add other angels. Then add him back when done?
Well the goldflakes I had were added before the interruptus and he still killed them. Would adding several angels at a time be better than just one other angel pair? I can set up my qt tank to house him for a couple months while I add more angels.

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the goldflakes I had were added before the interruptus and he still killed them. Would adding several angels at a time be better than just one other angel pair? I can set up my qt tank to house him for a couple months while I add more angels.
Danm... He's a killer! I was getting one like 4 or 5 months ago but the lfs killed it trying to catch it out of their display. Kinda still want one but I got a bunch of angels I am introducing into my 260g in a few weeks and thought if I do get one it should go in 1st but after reading your situation I'm not sure now lol

Last edited:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Danm... He's a killer! I was getting one like 4 or 5 months ago but the lfs killed it trying to catch it out of their display. Kinda still want one but I got a bunch of angels I am introducing into my 260g in a few weeks and thought if I do get one it should go in 1st but after reading your situation I'm not sure now lol
Might be better in a 260 vs my 180. Definitely add it last.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don’t have as much experience with angels, as I just started an angel tank. But I have done lots of tangs together even though this is supposed to be hard. From my experience, adding multiples increases your odds of success. With only a pair that probably stay together the offending fish only has one target so can devote it’s entire effort there. Multiple targets can maybe lessen the impact and stress.
Other things I have done if adding a new tang to an existing tank, is to turn off my lights for a day and rearrange my rock work right before introduction, this way everyone is setting their territories at the same time.
As with tangs, angels can be hit or miss. One person has no problems and the next three have horror stories. It could be that no combination will work with this particular angel.
I would have a contingency plan if it doesn’t work out. Or you can always ship him to me as I’m sure I could figure out one of my tanks it would work in.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)) You got him from where any idea? He is likely one of the “Maze” hybrids involving Chaetodontoplus septentrionalis and the various “Velvet” angels of the genus. In Japan the Blue Line (Septentrionalis) which is a beautiful species on its own, most often hybridizes with the Japanese variant of C.Melanosoma which may be a different species. The exact range of C. Septentrionalis is not clear but I think it’s also scattered across northern Southeast Asia which in case gives it potential to hybridize with more members of the genus in the “Melanosoma” complex.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone who owns a multicolour Angel (C. multicolour) know whether they’re likely to nip or if they’re not as likely to nip due to them being deeper watered species. I have a Deresa clam in the tank I would love one in.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the interruptus angel will definitely always be the king of the tank, if I had that fish I would never sell it even if it's a bully. So you have 180 gallons in the tank, I would opt to split the tank with reasonable space for the new angelfish additions, so they can get used to seeing the interruptus, you can rearrange the aquascape multiple times as well and feed more times over time of the day, all that can help solve the problem.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my Genicanthus… question is, hybrid? Pure blood? Melanospilos? Caudovittatus?
32FF2D96-C53E-43EB-8104-0AA26D0A21C9.jpeg

My LFS have looked at this guy and nobody can figure out what he truly is. We settled for Melanospilos so far however after seeing a pair of Caudovittatus in person, it’s making me question this guy.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the interruptus angel will definitely always be the king of the tank, if I had that fish I would never sell it even if it's a bully. So you have 180 gallons in the tank, I would opt to split the tank with reasonable space for the new angelfish additions, so they can get used to seeing the interruptus, you can rearrange the aquascape multiple times as well and feed more times over time of the day, all that can help solve the problem.
Thanks. I will try that.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back