The Angel Lovers Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaph8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thought this would be a good place to post a couple pics of my mixed Pomacanthus pair (P. paru, and P. annularis). I've had these two together for going on 2 years. Since introducing them, the only time they leave each other's side is during feeding time.

Here are a couple recent pics. Apologies for the lack of clarity. I'm going to blame my 12" niger trigger who needs a good 20 minutes to adjust to my presence before he calms down and stops begging... creates a lot of surface agitation.
parularis1.JPG

parularis2.JPG

And one more from a while back. Tough to tell by the pics, but they have grown quite a bit since I took this one.
parularis.jpg
 
Probably the most reef safe angels other than Genicanthus IME.
That has not been my experience with a few individuals. Chalices, zoas, wellsos, acans, symphyllias, lobos, dendros were all taken out by regals.
 
Can someone tell me the names of these fish? Is it possible to keep any 2 of these in a 100 gal reef?

IMG_3047.PNG
IMG_3048.PNG
IMG_3049.PNG
IMG_3051.PNG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new