The Angel Lovers Thread

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want an Achilles as well. You basically have all the same fish that I want. I’m thinking of a false personifier instead of a true one though. I have a 205 gallon display tank. Is that a Joculator angel on the video?
not jocu. Why do prefer false over true?

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It basically comes down to it has a full yellow tail and there’s captive bred ones out there. I’m trying to get when possible, captive bred fish
How is your joculator? They look amazing with very bright colours

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It basically comes down to it has a full yellow tail and there’s captive bred ones out there. I’m trying to get when possible, captive bred fish

Bali captive bred is True Personifier.
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.41.45 PM.png

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good idea. catching the majestic will be difficult, maybe I could use egg crate and divide the dt temporarily
I took your experience to heart. I think the majestic is more than shy enough, so I just went with the blue face. So far so good. Thank you so much for the valuable advice. I went with a healthy, eating adult blue face angel. The majestic is the timid one but clean and still eating so monitoring...

IMG_20200115_195913_1.jpg

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first two Angelfish - Goldflake and a really tiny Regal.

Currently considering whether to add more. Possibly Scribbled. Girlfriend wants a Purple Moon but I'm not sure it's a good idea (meaning it's probably not but it does create the upgrade opportunity in the future)... Open to suggestions, other than dwarf/pygmy Angelfish, and I'm enjoying reading this thread and seeing the Angelfish!

Goldflake Angelfish.jpg
_MG_3048.jpg

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Reefer 250 that I am still setting up. If I want to make it angles dominant, are there any specific ones (due to tank size) that I can keep and mix?

The other fishes I plan to have are two mated clowns, one wrasse for pest control.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Reefer 250 that I am still setting up. If I want to make it angles dominant, are there any specific ones (due to tank size) that I can keep and mix?

The other fishes I plan to have are two mated clowns, one wrasse for pest control.

How many gallons in the reefer 250? I dont really suggest angels in any system under 75 gallons, unless dwarf species.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats a 36"x20" footprint tank, Which limits to only the small dwarf angelfish, if any, and likely only one species, either one individual or a pair. Lots of people feel the dwarfs do better with at least 4ft. It's a pretty small tank to try to mix multiple dwarf angels, and way too small for any of the other genus long term.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back