The Angel Lovers Thread

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I want to ask if there are any ways to tell the gender of a coral beauty angle fish? Here is a picture of mine. My molly keeps trying to mate with the angel.????????????? He chases the angel and raised his gonopodium to try to mate with the fish. Even if he * hits it * his gonopodium is already damaged from previous conflicts in my 75 gallon freshwater tank, with other much larger males.

image.jpg

Coral beauties do not exhibit sexual dichromatism except during spawning courtships.

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauties do not exhibit sexual dichromatism except during spawning courtships.
Strange very strange the Molly keeps chasing the cb and doesn’t leave it alone constantly trying to impregnate the cb angelfish. The angel doesn’t care and just shakes him off but it is ver strange this behavior. Thanks for responding thought have a nice day and, Happy Reefing

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite angels:

-Genicanthus spp.

-Scribbled

-Xanthurus Cream (cute eyes)

-Maculosus (tank too small)

-King / Passer (tank too small)

-Koran (tank too small)

-Clarion (dream fish but RIP wallet)

-Joculator (RIP wallet)

-Flame

-Coral Beauty

-Regal (too hard to keep)

-Majestic (too hard to keep)

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic actually is not a hard fish to keep. I have no problem with keeping this angel alive but it tend to not too reef safe. Regal Angle is harder to get use to captivity but IME much safer for a reeftank.
You should look at a Peppermint Angel. Not that I can get one, but if money is not a consideration, I would get two Peppermint angels (at a price of a very nice car)

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a huge angelfish fan. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures from my old set ups (currently without a tank). But my previous angels included:
-Flame Angel
-Potters Angel
-Goldflake Angel (pained me to get rid of but it was picking on my coral)
-Emperor Angel
-Venustus Angel (Personal favorite but died from infection after being attacked by my purple tang)
-Colins Angel (Fed every possible food an angelfish was known to eat but wouldn’t accept anything and unfortunately lost it)

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Majestic is my favorite fish since I saw it on a book when I was 5 or 6 years old. Unfortunately, my 200 gallon tank is too small, I wouldn't put it in anything less than a a 400 gallon.

SMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Queen Angel has always been a favorite of mine. One day I hope to own an aquarium large enough to keep one happy!

These are my favorite! Saw one on our dive today!
E03CA36A-5A64-4217-9DF8-58035E9B9620.jpeg
The angel in your pic is probably a Blue Angel. It is missing the true crown. Also note the tail difference. In the wild these Holacanthus get huge. I would guess a 400 gal. would be the minimum size tank.

20100802_Mushroom Sponge Forest_204119_30376.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back