the big V

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I got some results back today as well and for the most part things are in the area of normal. lol but in all three of the systems i had tested i had high levels of Vanadium no idea what it is really other than a quick google but in one system i had a deviation of 5.6 and in another it was over by 39.77 and in the third it was over by 69.

Can someone clue me in on what this is? And info would be appreciated. also my Li reading were very high as well in one system the deviation was over 800? could this be some kind of testing error. Oddly enough the system that measures that high is by far the best looking over all.

there were a few other oddities an curiosities but the V was the most blaring at first glance.

Thanks!

ewelch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help. Having this info is great, fast too. Only 5 days to get my results . Now I just need to figure out what to do with the information!

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some results back today as well and for the most part things are in the area of normal. lol but in all three of the systems i had tested i had high levels of Vanadium no idea what it is really other than a quick google but in one system i had a deviation of 5.6 and in another it was over by 39.77 and in the third it was over by 69.

Can someone clue me in on what this is? And info would be appreciated. also my Li reading were very high as well in one system the deviation was over 800? could this be some kind of testing error. Oddly enough the system that measures that high is by far the best looking over all.

there were a few other oddities an curiosities but the V was the most blaring at first glance.

Thanks!

Yeah, we had the same thing at Unique Corals...an unusual thing to have an excess of...I can't help but wonder if it arose as a byproduct from something we had been adding in the past...It's probably the last thing you'd expect, huh?

-Scott

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't understand why people are getting so uptight, for the lack of a better word, about these random elements. Do your corals look as good as they did 2 months before the test was done? If so, I guess deficiencies in these random elements doesn't really matter. Even if your corals aren't looking so good I'm sure it's not because the lack of vanadium or nickel.

ewelch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't understand why people are getting so uptight, for the lack of a better word, about these random elements. Do your corals look as good as they did 2 months before the test was done? If so, I guess deficiencies in these random elements doesn't really matter. Even if your corals aren't looking so good I'm sure it's not because the lack of vanadium or nickel.

I Don't think anyone is getting "up tight" about the results .

For my self part of the enjoyment of this hobby comes from understanding . The Triton water test IMO furthers that understanding more than ever before . The pursuit of knowledge is powerful and is a pursuit I enjoy .

Look how far this hobby has come just in the past ten years , it only got there by people learning and striving to understand what these organisims under our care need to thrive .

OP, sorry to get off topic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

for me it was to see what may be different among my many systems on this level. some are thriving and some are chugging along. thought this may provide some insight into why otherwise identical systems would be acting so differently in reality.

my main system read extremely high in potassium which to i felt was odd because i have not added any potassium supplement.

either way its interesting to see minor differences among the systems.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both you and Uniquecorals should share some details...

What salts are you using?
What additives?
What food?

Somehow these elements are getting into your system so maybe we can find something in common?

And post your results if you wouldn't mind :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back