OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great information! Learned even more; and you were already gracious enough to review my wrasse stock list and teach me about the Genus!
I’ll keep you updated as I start to get them,

Great information! Learned even more; and you were already gracious enough to review my wrasse stock list and teach me about the Genus!
I’ll keep you updated as I start to get them,
No problem! It’s great to see that these articles are still being used and people are still getting to learn more from them :)

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! It’s great to see that these articles are still being used and people are still getting to learn more from them :)
There is one HUGE problem though…

Wrasse’s are like Doritos; you Want/Need them All!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one HUGE problem though…

Wrasse’s are like Doritos; you Want/Need them All!
Oh absolutely!
My gang consists of 9 in one tank and 3 in another. I’m hopefully coming home with a 10th in my 4’ tank this week and maybe a 4th in my nano depending on if there is a nice juvenile Halichoeres for some pest control.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh absolutely!
My gang consists of 9 in one tank and 3 in another. I’m hopefully coming home with a 10th in my 4’ tank this week and maybe a 4th in my nano depending on if there is a nice juvenile Halichoeres for some pest control.
I started to stay away from wrasses. Fairy and Flasher just do not live long enough. I will bad when my beautiful wrasses just withered and died. I invested way too much emotion, not to mention cost in some of the wrasse. My Eightline Flashers and Diamond tail Flashers are to two pairs that eat me up.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah! Tangs are like rats. They carry disease, bite, and end up everywhere. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I’ll keep my tank pest free thanks!
Nah.
no disease if you take good care of them. No aggression if you give them plenty of food and not cramp them.
One of the most beautiful long live fish.
The look of this fish is second to none, IMO.
PBT2019040601resized.jpg
PBT2021010902.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah.
no disease if you take good care of them. No aggression if you give them plenty of food and not cramp them.
PBT2019040601resized.jpg
PBT2021010902.jpg
The only tang that ever does anything for me is the Achilles. Until then, I’m sticking with Wrasses and Rabbits as the main fish that rule my tanks. Angels, Gobies and Butterflies will likely be a part in my tanks but not as prominent in the future.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah.
PBT2019040601resized.jpg
PBT2021010902.jpg
I only really like 5 tangs. The two sailfins, the two powders, and the Achilles.
The first two are way too big and active for the home aquarium, and the latter three are ich and velvet magnets and aggressive.

I’ve had one tang and it immediately broke out in velvet and killed 3 other fish including one of my favorites and a fish far prettier than any tang, my regal angel…
IMG_3624.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back