**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dangros ive been running his program he posted to the GHL group on Facebook, while I don’t have any sps corals right now I can say I enjoy how it makes the tank look and coralline has taken off. I would be happy to share that program here, including power balancing, if folks are interested. It’s a revised iteration of the Reefrocker program.

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see what he posted. I'm sure it could only help others so feel free. I'm curious what's different from what he gave me a couple pages back in this thread.
And for the record, the light was a game changer in my tank.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dangros unfortunately R2R does not support the light composer file extension, however below is power balancing, the run, and screen shots of the various color mixes. This is what he currently runs and has run for some time now, and the file itself is on their Facebook page. It is an evolution of Reefrocker's program on the GHL website. Program is 10am-10pm (ignore times in the color mixes, all other settings are correct but it does not account for DST), color mixes are in the order they appear on the lighting run, and after the 15k estimated peak it goes back to 17k, then 20k which are already posted.

Power Settings.jpg

Light Run.jpg

20k ramp.jpg

18k 1230.jpg

17k 1pm.jpg

15k daytime.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow- what a spectrum layout

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the coverage for each light 2 feet?
Can it be mounted parallel to tank length if using the mounting arm?

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe yes to both. I use 2 units on my 90g tank. It’s 48” wide. But I use different mounts

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One fixture covers about 36x24 per GHL, best way to use them is II II over the the tank, control pads facing the front glass. I run 2 over a 4’ tank, and @Brew12 runs 3 I think over a 5’ or so sized tank.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the coverage for each light 2 feet?
Can it be mounted parallel to tank length if using the mounting arm?
The only way it can be mounted with their Flex Mount is perpendicular. I think I read in a thread that a parallel adapter was being looked into, but that appears to not have happened. I only need one for my 24" tank, so I'm probably just going to install the flex mount on the side of the stand. The tank is going in a corner and the mount will be on the wall side.

For coverage, I think it's somewhere around 30" or so. (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-illumination/mitras-lx-7000-series/)

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving an old thread... :)

I'm looking at using the Mitras LX 7206s on my new build. The tank will be 300cm (118") long and 70cm (27.5") front to back.

Will five of these units mounted perpendicular to the length of the tank be sufficient? I'm wondering if six would provide a more adequate coverage...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Reviving an old thread... :)

I'm looking at using the Mitras LX 7206s on my new build. The tank will be 300cm (118") long and 70cm (27.5") front to back.

Will five of these units mounted perpendicular to the length of the tank be sufficient? I'm wondering if six would provide a more adequate coverage...
As each one covers a certain angle width, 5 will be more than enough. Possibly even 4

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral do you plan to keep? My tank is sps and I had only 2 on a 48x20" mounted parallel and felt I needed a third. My suggestion would be 6 units. You can always turn them down or run them in high efficiency mode.

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral do you plan to keep? My tank is sps and I had only 2 on a 48x20" mounted parallel and felt I needed a third. My suggestion would be 6 units. You can always turn them down or run them in high efficiency mode.

I'll be keeping mainly SPS.

Where did you feel you need extra coverage? along the length of the tank or the width?

Two units lengthwise on 48" means each covers 24" of length. My plan of putting them perpendicular means that the length of the units needs to cover the width of the tank at 27"...

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really debating between this light and the Orphek Compact V4. I do have the Orphek V4 Atlantik Full size on my other tank... or just use a Hydra 52HD I have. This is for a 24x20x12 lagoon tank

traian_viola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also debating in my had between Orphek Antlantik V4 and Mittas LX 7206. I like everything about Mitras - the Seasonal Lighting capabilities and the super fine dimming (at 0.1% increments) are very important to me. I also love the shimmer they produce (as one can see in the videos linked earlier in this thread). I would go with Mitras, as Orphek doesn't bring so many options. But Orphek has that 850nm and I don't know how important is this wavelenght. But then.. probably nobody does...

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the v4 obviously covers more area. The Atlantic v4 is no where compatible with the mitras software. You can do so much more on mitras. The software on ghl is more engineer oriented and atlantic v4 is more user friendly. I prefer the ghl.

The atlantic v4 offers more flourescent and pop on corals than the ghl. The atlantic offers more towards blue purple color.

Blend of light on ghl is superior to atlantic v4. In some blends on v4 there is disco effect and blotching.

Clouds on ghl are way better than atlantik v4. Coverage on v4 is better than ghl.

Coral color on v4 i like better than that of ghl. Both are really nice
You cant go wrong on either.

Both upgradeable. Both use same power supply brand.

traian_viola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your input. I would like to try induce coral spawning and for that I would need the seasonal program and moon phases that Mitras provide. On the other hand, the overall apearence of the corals is also important and if they look better with Orpheks... I'm back to square one.. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back