The Hawkfish Lover Thread!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Looks more like yours enjoys the shade of torch :)

That was at that time. He's all over the tank just not in my GSP island. Got this one of him yesterday perched on the complete other side of the tank. Funny too as he turned his head and was watching me with my phone. Got it just before he swam away.

LongNoseHawk8.jpg

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was at that time. He's all over the tank just not in my GSP island. Got this one of him yesterday perched on the complete other side of the tank. Funny too as he turned his head and was watching me with my phone. Got it just before he swam away.

LongNoseHawk8.jpg
Lol that's great man. My Male flame does the same thing. But my female hidea everytime I bring my phone up to photograph. She's fine if I don't have my phone. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get that pic I posted of them together. I had to wait totally still and wait for her to pop and around the corner lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, I'm glad so many enjoy these guys. I thought the flame hawks were my favorite and was interested in putting a pair in my new NPS 40 Breeder. But my lfs offered me 2 tiny about an 1.5" longnose, so the question is: Has anyone bonded a pair. Anyway I put the 2 in the 40B yesterday, there was a bit a contention but nothing really out of bounds. One would start and they would tossel for a while, then hang out together, then go their separate way. Then the other would start and same thing, a few times through the evening. They are small enough at the moment that tank is big enough for both of them until they figure it out. They are likely the size where they are both female, or at least in that fluid area.

I say I thought the flame was my favorite because these guys are growing on me. Are the longnose a lot more active and do they usually swim so much, or are they just exploring the new tank. The are so much more active than the flames. Maybe the torpedo shape with the flow helps them fly through the water better than the blimpy flames.

003.jpg

002.jpg

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, I'm glad so many enjoy these guys. I thought the flame hawks were my favorite and was interested in putting a pair in my new NPS 40 Breeder. But my lfs offered me 2 tiny about an 1.5" longnose, so the question is: Has anyone bonded a pair. Anyway I put the 2 in the 40B yesterday, there was a bit a contention but nothing really out of bounds. One would start and they would tossel for a while, then hang out together, then go their separate way. Then the other would start and same thing, a few times through the evening. They are small enough at the moment that tank is big enough for both of them until they figure it out. They are likely the size where they are both female, or at least in that fluid area.

I say I thought the flame was my favorite because these guys are growing on me. Are the longnose a lot more active and do they usually swim so much, or are they just exploring the new tank. The are so much more active than the flames. Maybe the torpedo shape with the flow helps them fly through the water better than the blimpy flames.

003.jpg

002.jpg
Love these guys man they are so tiny! I'd say they will bond just fine being so young with plenty of room to roam. Let us know how they do! Love to see how long it takes for them to make a pair

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a long nose hawk from my lfs today will post a pic later

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 124 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back