The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All,

Like @mdbannister, I have a MindStream on order. Since there doesn't appear to be any good details outside what you can find on their website, I thought I would share some of the Q&A I received from their support staff on 7/10. FWIW: They "have" been reasonably responsive to email questions it just took me a while to find some time to post them here. ;)

1. Is my account locked out if I don't replace the disk at 30 days?
You will never be locked out of your account. You will always have access to your historical data even if you do not keep your disc subscription active.

2. Is there a grace period after 30 days if I don't get the disk right away due to travel, shipping delays, life events, laziness, etc?
Every 30 we will be shipping you a new disc regardless of whether or not you install the disc immediately or wait. To ensure the highest level of accuracy and precision we encourage you to swap you your disc every time you receive a new one.

3. Will the unit only stop reporting at 30 days or am I locked out of the account somehow? Meaning can I still log in and see my old data or how will this work?
Assuming your account is active, the web app will always report data regardless of the disc that is on the monitor. Theoretically, you could use an old disc to report new results but as I mentioned in answer #2, a new disc will provide you with the best accuracy and precision.

4. Is there an export feature to download my data without the need to do a screenshot?
At this time we do not have the ability to export data. We have heard this feedback before and will look to add this feature in the future.

5. Do you plan to have some videos on how to set up the unit, and replace the disk?
Great question! We already have videos developed to assist with installation and other helpful topics. You will also receive a Setup Guide in your initial shipment that is very descriptive and should help get you set up with no issues.

6. Do you know if the beta testers plan to post on forums or post videos about their experiences?
Another great question! We hear this question a lot. The answer is YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses. We understand that people interested in the MindStream Monitor will see tremendous value in hearing about beta tester experiences, and the beta tester reviews will carry a great deal more credibility than any marketing we would do ourselves.
Excellebt

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Like @mdbannister, I have a MindStream on order. Since there doesn't appear to be any good details outside what you can find on their website, I thought I would share some of the Q&A I received from their support staff on 7/10. FWIW: They "have" been reasonably responsive to email questions it just took me a while to find some time to post them here. ;)

1. Is my account locked out if I don't replace the disk at 30 days?
You will never be locked out of your account. You will always have access to your historical data even if you do not keep your disc subscription active.

2. Is there a grace period after 30 days if I don't get the disk right away due to travel, shipping delays, life events, laziness, etc?
Every 30 we will be shipping you a new disc regardless of whether or not you install the disc immediately or wait. To ensure the highest level of accuracy and precision we encourage you to swap you your disc every time you receive a new one.

3. Will the unit only stop reporting at 30 days or am I locked out of the account somehow? Meaning can I still log in and see my old data or how will this work?
Assuming your account is active, the web app will always report data regardless of the disc that is on the monitor. Theoretically, you could use an old disc to report new results but as I mentioned in answer #2, a new disc will provide you with the best accuracy and precision.

4. Is there an export feature to download my data without the need to do a screenshot?
At this time we do not have the ability to export data. We have heard this feedback before and will look to add this feature in the future.

5. Do you plan to have some videos on how to set up the unit, and replace the disk?
Great question! We already have videos developed to assist with installation and other helpful topics. You will also receive a Setup Guide in your initial shipment that is very descriptive and should help get you set up with no issues.

6. Do you know if the beta testers plan to post on forums or post videos about their experiences?
Another great question! We hear this question a lot. The answer is YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses. We understand that people interested in the MindStream Monitor will see tremendous value in hearing about beta tester experiences, and the beta tester reviews will carry a great deal more credibility than any marketing we would do ourselves.
Thank you for sharing this with us!

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses.“

I’m guessing that mindstream could release these beta testers from their NDA’s with a 10 minute call to their attorneys. There is a reason they haven’t, just like there was a reason that they said the monthly maintenance charge “started” at $34.95/mo when the recurring payment really was $39.95/mo.

This company seems as legit as the fyre festival.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses.“

I’m guessing that mindstream could release these beta testers from their NDA’s with a 10 minute call to their attorneys. There is a reason they haven’t, just like there was a reason that they said the monthly maintenance charge “started” at $34.95/mo when the recurring payment really was $39.95/mo.

This company seems as legit as the fyre festival.

I don't know why they've decided to hold back information and the beta group, but if I had to guess, I think they were forced to GA sooner than they wanted due to the Neptune Trident and other products consuming the market this year. That said - Like you, I really don't know the reason and while I wish they would be more present on this forum, I not going to say they're not legit. The $39.95/mo fee is if you decide to pay monthly. See below from their support staff. I forget I had this one in a separate email during my last post. My glass is half full on this one. ;)

We offer two subscription plans: annual or monthly. The annual plan is $419.40 which comes to $34.95 per month and the monthly plan is $39.95 per month. Both the annual and monthly plans include free shipping for the sensor discs. Both plans cover the same service of proactive text/email alerts, real-time data access to all 10 parameters, and a replacement individually factory-calibrated sensor disc.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why they've decided to hold back information and the beta group, but if I had to guess, I think they were forced to GA sooner than they wanted due to the Neptune Trident and other products consuming the market this year. That said - Like you, I really don't know the reason and while I wish they would be more present on this forum, I not going to say they're not legit. The $39.95/mo fee is if you decide to pay monthly. See below from their support staff. I forget I had this one in a separate email during my last post. My glass is half full on this one. ;)

We offer two subscription plans: annual or monthly. The annual plan is $419.40 which comes to $34.95 per month and the monthly plan is $39.95 per month. Both the annual and monthly plans include free shipping for the sensor discs. Both plans cover the same service of proactive text/email alerts, real-time data access to all 10 parameters, and a replacement individually factory-calibrated sensor disc.

I understand the “clarification”. Their website and marketing materials still say “Subscription plans start at $34.95/month and will be purchased within the MindStream web app after you have received your monitor.” yes, it’s technically correct, but they don’t clarify it unless you buy one and then you find out that you either have to pay $5 a month more, or trust an unproven company with $40o upfront and hope they last 12 months to get all the disks. Adobe offers a year’s subscription to photoshop at $20.99/month on their website. You don’t click on it and find out that it’s actually $25/month unless you prepay the full year when you are checking out. The bait and switch that mindstream is using regarding their service plan is shady at best.

Major credit card companies don’t allow companies to charge customers until a product ships. When you pre-order these, are they charging your card immediately and then delaying shipment for 6-8 weeks?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..... I think they were forced to GA sooner than they wanted due to the Neptune Trident and other products consuming the market this year. ....

Not sure that makes a lot of sense - seems to me that the Trident and the Mindstream are actually complimentary products. The Mindstream doesn't offer Ca or Mg testing - you need a Trident or ReefBot for that. You'd be doubling your Alk testing, but I think that would be a good thing, considering it is (probably) the most important test you can make. But, two complimenting testing systems would double your "investment" and cost over $2000. I think i'll stick with my KH Guardian and manual tests 'til all of this nouveau testing shakes itself out.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that makes a lot of sense - seems to me that the Trident and the Mindstream are actually complimentary products. The Mindstream doesn't offer Ca or Mg testing - you need a Trident or ReefBot for that. You'd be doubling your Alk testing, but I think that would be a good thing, considering it is (probably) the most important test you can make. But, two complimenting testing systems would double your "investment" and cost over $2000. I think i'll stick with my KH Guardian and manual tests 'til all of this nouveau testing shakes itself out.
The mindstream offers 10 parameters including CA an MG

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mindstream offers 10 parameters including CA an MG
If you have mindstream I would say you do not need anything else and maybe one parameter you test manually.
Over 4 years of usage both mindstream and trident come cost the same end to end...

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
209672_sensor-b.jpg

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this?
I got redox probe with my ghl ultimate package, it basically came for free..
Ghl oxygen sensor is 299$...why is this prob so expensive...wow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back