• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on dad-

He's still in the hospital. The *three* stents that were put in are working just fine but during the surgery he had to have an intubation tube put it. When they put it in they scraped his uvula and its swollen to the size of a grape. He's on steroids and antibiotics, but his O2 levels arent rising. Not bottomed out but just not in a healthy range. They are taking him in for x-rays of his lungs some time this evening.
I hope he begins to start showing improvement soon.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on dad-

He's still in the hospital. The *three* stents that were put in are working just fine but during the surgery he had to have an intubation tube put it. When they put it in they scraped his uvula and its swollen to the size of a grape. He's on steroids and antibiotics, but his O2 levels arent rising. Not bottomed out but just not in a healthy range. They are taking him in for x-rays of his lungs some time this evening.
Omg prayers for you and ur father!!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
If I could get some prayers sent my way. My dad had a heart attack yesterday. Two stints put in today. One 90% blockage and one 100% blocked artery.
Ten years ago he had two stents put in, one in each femoral artery and a triple bypass.
So his heart isn’t the greatest to start off with.
He’ll be in the hospital until Tuesday.
I hate to be so selfish. But I just want him to get better and make better lifestyle choices.
I want him to see me get engaged/married/ have kids one day.
It’s too soon. I’m not ready for his time to be up yet.
Wanting him to get better and be part of your life is not selfish. He’s your dad!Thoughts and prayers to dad, you and your family!

I was about to post this and realized this happened on Friday, so jumped to the end of the thread and I’m glad I did. I am so sorry! I understand how difficult this is. The best thing you can do for him is let him see his little girls smile. Talk about things you both enjoy, funny stories you’ve heard or tv you’ve watched. Has he seen you tank? Show him some pics. Most important thing you can do is tell him how much you love him. First thing every morning, last thing every night and a bunch in-between. Hardest thing ever had to do was act like “it was just another day” with my dad. Lots of love and prayers being sent your way!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update on dad-

I'm thinking of you little chick! I hope he shows a huge improvement today!!!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanting him to get better and be part of your life is not selfish. He’s your dad!Thoughts and prayers to dad, you and your family!

I was about to post this and realized this happened on Friday, so jumped to the end of the thread and I’m glad I did. I am so sorry! I understand how difficult this is. The best thing you can do for him is let him see his little girls smile. Talk about things you both enjoy, funny stories you’ve heard or tv you’ve watched. Has he seen you tank? Show him some pics. Most important thing you can do is tell him how much you love him. First thing every morning, last thing every night and a bunch in-between. Hardest thing ever had to do was act like “it was just another day” with my dad. Lots of love and prayers being sent your way!
The absolute best way to say it all!!!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Dolelo96 your post inspired me to write this. Yesterday a former coworker stopped by and said "Red, can you take a break?" I knew there was something wrong. I assumed she was going to tell me our old boss passed away. We were all very close. As we walked outside she told me to sit down at a patio table. She grabbed my hands and told me her daughter died. The little girl I watched as a child was gone! I hadn't seen her in a long time. My last memory of her was at Andrew's age. I wanted to share a little story about Tori with y'all. One day we were riding in her mom's car going to get McDonald's, and out of the blue, from the little voice sitting behind me..."Red, what do you call a lumpy fart?" Without turning around, I said "a turd". She said "mom, we gotta go home now!" The 3 of us were laughing so hard we were crying! She was 10 at the time. That was 2002. I still remember her sparkling eyes and infectious smile so clearly. She'll always be a part of my heart. "Bug Bait" Tori Mitchell Furst.

16055257614903791194243303885024.jpg

Last edited:

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dolelo96 your post inspired me to write this. Yesterday a former coworker stopped by and said "Red, can you take a break?" I knew there was something wrong. I assumed she was going to tell me our old boss passed away. We were all very close. As we walked outside she told me to sit down at a patio table. She grabbed my hands and told me her daughter died. The little girl I watched as a child was gone! I hadn't seen her in a long time. My last memory of her was at Andrew's age. I wanted to share a little story about Tori with y'all. One day we were riding in her mom's car going to get McDonald's, and out of the blue, from the little voice sitting behind me..."Red, what do you call a lumpy fart?" Without turning around, I said "a turd". She said "mom, we gotta go home now!" The 3 of us were laughing so hard we were crying! She was 10 at the time. That was 2002. I still remember her sparkling eyes and infectious smile so clearly. She'll always be a part of my heart. "Bug Bait" Tori Mitchell Furst.

So sorry to hear, Katrina. :(

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh honey, I’m so sorry. Love, hugs & prayers to you

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m thinking the 40g only has a few months :( it’s just going to end up being too expensive and too much because my dad and I really talked ab the rest of my flight training and jobs and etc. I will let this mature for as long as I can maintain it and slowly fill it with coral and then do another nano and fill it and try to keep it as low maintenance as possible

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Update on dad-

Prayers for a full recovery

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m not gonna make things suspenseful—-

Good news! Dad was released today! He went home around 12. Still needs to be conscious of his O2 levels but he has a cpap and it’s just the adjustment to the new medication he’s on. His body was having a mild allergic reaction as it was adjusting to the meds. The xrays showed nothing in his lungs! So he’s home now and resting and him and mom have already been discussing how to make lifestyle changes for the both of them.
Thank you everyone, for all your prayers and thoughts and well wishes. Tears are in my eyes as I type this.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Good news! Dad was released today! He went home around 12. Still needs to be conscious of his O2 levels but he has a cpap and it’s just the adjustment to the new medication he’s on. His body was having a mild allergic reaction as it was adjusting to the meds. The xrays showed nothing in his lungs! So he’s home now and resting and him and mom have already been discussing how to make lifestyle changes for the both of them.
Thank you everyone, for all your prayers and thoughts and well wishes. Tears are in my eyes as I type this.
soo glad to hear :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I'm very happy to read this!!! Big hug little chick!

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad he is at home and doing better. It's hard to rest peacefully at a hospital.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back