• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

brett_schn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Socks and the new filter mats concern me, short term issues fine, I worry about how much micro fauna they remove that are good guys!
Same. I’m probably going to just use them till I get a skimmer and a new sump because the filter sock is what quiets my sump

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
We are talking about eating the fluffy tailed tree rats right?! ;Vomit
Yes yes we are. Its not as bad as eating a hissing roach. Surprisingly they are a bit crunchy and taste like teriyaki.

Last edited:
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes. Rats with a cuter outfit.
Rabbits, squirrels, groundhogs, and possums (if trapped and fed corn for a few days to flush them out) are a staple in my house. You then have the deer we eat and the fish we catch. If it moves in Tennessee, it is likely to be food lol.

RichtheReefer21

Traveling ReefTank Freelance Photographer
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't say I don't share..... :p

Do you have an updated bt still? I followed your early runs at keeping the dendronepthea or whatever its called. U were doing something like 26 feedings a day?

Lookin Beautiful sir.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Most of you know I don’t eat meat any more, but I have eaten squirrel. My uncle used to make a killer sausage using squirrel, rabbit and venison. Something about the gaminess mixed with the spices made it amazing.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have an updated bt still? I followed your early runs at keeping the dendronepthea or whatever its called. U were doing something like 26 feedings a day?

Lookin Beautiful sir.
Check out opening page.

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Sally is getting stronger...Cat 2 now, expected to be High Cat 2 or low Cat 3 by landfall tomorrow night/Wednesday morning...track has shifted to the east which is not good for me. Now expecting 15-20 inches of rain. Have also recommended evacuation for those of us on the island, but for now we're staying. Got to finish prepping tonight and in the morning. Have 2 battery back ups for the tank, but not sure thats going to be enough. :oops:
Screenshot_20200914-175738_MyRadar.jpg

fishguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sally is getting stronger...Cat 2 now, expected to be High Cat 2 or low Cat 3 by landfall tomorrow night/Wednesday morning...track has shifted to the east which is not good for me. Now expecting 15-20 inches of rain. Have also recommended evacuation for those of us on the island, but for now we're staying. Got to finish prepping tonight and in the morning. Have 2 battery back ups for the tank, but not sure thats going to be enough. :oops:
that sucks ,i have been watching,you just need one ph pointed at surface ,if your there are your back up 12v rechargable

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
We are praying for the best. Just be safe. Tanks can be replaced, you can’t.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been through a few of these and they have a mind of their own. Please be safe. You don’t want to get trapped on the island. I repeat what @Eagle_Steve said, tanks can be replaced, you can’t. Our prayers are with you.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 269 42.6%
  • Every Month

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 82 13.0%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 89 14.1%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 30 4.8%