Which tang?

• Total voters

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone needs a really good laugh, go check out the 7’ frag tank build. Massive oops!!!!!!!

Last page.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And there goes more money lol.
Yep. Cost me all of $0. I gave my frag to my dads friend that I got years ago when they started their tank and they shutdown the tank today. This was the last survivor so they said it’s all yours. I’m not even a huge fan of frog spawns but I figured I can frag this up and trade for more!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Cost me all of $0. I gave my frag to my dads friend that I got years ago when they started their tank and they shutdown the tank today. This was the last survivor so they said it’s all yours. I’m not even a huge fan of frog spawns but I figured I can frag this up and trade for more!
Awesome!!!!!

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad photo lol.
One colony of 12 heads is a frog spawn.
2 heads of hammer I believe
And 2 heads of a light green frogspawn. They were in a bad hone so hopefully they do well.

image.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad photo lol.
One colony of 12 heads is a frog spawn.
2 heads of hammer I believe
And 2 heads of a light green frogspawn. They were in a bad hone so hopefully they do well.

image.jpg
You got this!!!!!

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got this!!!!!
I’m not sure if anyone remembers this but @Katrina71 bought me a hammer coral when I first started my tank and joined this thread. She had someone message me that I won a give away lol. So I love hammers Also she contributed the pump for this tank. We Love you Katrina.

U

User1

View Badges

Nice how it comes full circle :) It is an interesting coral and lighting seems to make the difference. At least in my opinion. I was talking to one of the lads over at WWC about it via one of their threads. They had this photo and it was really intense and I was like hmm...mine never looked like that. One thing lead to another and we got to lighting, year of the tank, etc and between the two came to the reasoning was my use of MH and SVHO at the time vs today and the use of LED's.

Interesting enough I went ahead and ordered a small frag from another source as WWC was out at the time and I didn't want them to make a specific frag for me (they offered which I thought was cool - more on this in a minute). Anyway the frag was super tiny but a really rich fluorescent green almost looking like anti-freeze or nuclear green with bright bold purple tips. It didn't last two minutes because my BIOTA captive raised matted file fish thought it was a Twinkie or such and ripped it to shreds eating it much to my gasp in horror. Next few days it was more or less down to the skeleton and in that time set up a trap to capture the bad actor. Once done day by day the frogspawn is coming back but this time a lot lighter in color. More cream with gray tips. Go figure.

Fast growing. Easy to frag. Can sting near by corals. Grows to epic proportions taking over the space they are in faster than other LPS like hammers. At least in my experience from owning them before and how fast mine today is recovering from its near death experience. Light flow though they are pretty mesmerizing.

Edit: Oh - forgot back to WWC asking me if I wanted a special frag. No - I didn't want them to hunt or cut until it was on their rotation. Since I thought it was cool and never purchased from them I'm going to sign up for their club package. I figured I do similar with wine clubs might as well try one of their coral deals for a couple months just to say thanks.

Hope all is well with everyone. I know there is a lot going on with a lot of regulars in the thread here so all the best.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice how it comes full circle :) It is an interesting coral and lighting seems to make the difference. At least in my opinion. I was talking to one of the lads over at WWC about it via one of their threads. They had this photo and it was really intense and I was like hmm...mine never looked like that. One thing lead to another and we got to lighting, year of the tank, etc and between the two came to the reasoning was my use of MH and SVHO at the time vs today and the use of LED's.

Interesting enough I went ahead and ordered a small frag from another source as WWC was out at the time and I didn't want them to make a specific frag for me (they offered which I thought was cool - more on this in a minute). Anyway the frag was super tiny but a really rich fluorescent green almost looking like anti-freeze or nuclear green with bright bold purple tips. It didn't last two minutes because my BIOTA captive raised matted file fish thought it was a Twinkie or such and ripped it to shreds eating it much to my gasp in horror. Next few days it was more or less down to the skeleton and in that time set up a trap to capture the bad actor. Once done day by day the frogspawn is coming back but this time a lot lighter in color. More cream with gray tips. Go figure.

Fast growing. Easy to frag. Can sting near by corals. Grows to epic proportions taking over the space they are in faster than other LPS like hammers. At least in my experience from owning them before and how fast mine today is recovering from its near death experience. Light flow though they are pretty mesmerizing.

Edit: Oh - forgot back to WWC asking me if I wanted a special frag. No - I didn't want them to hunt or cut until it was on their rotation. Since I thought it was cool and never purchased from them I'm going to sign up for their club package. I figured I do similar with wine clubs might as well try one of their coral deals for a couple months just to say thanks.

Hope all is well with everyone. I know there is a lot going on with a lot of regulars in the thread here so all the best.
Wow thanks! I’ll give these guys a little bit and atleast keep one head of each. I would love to fill in my tank with frags of different types and then let them grow in then having just one large colony lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back