The Miracle Tank

Which tang?


  • Total voters
    1,390
Thoughts on hob refugium. I know they are to small for a 90. The goal is not to eliminate algea growth, seahare just a place for pods to grow.
Ive always found them effective and valuable
 
How is everybody today
Up to my armpits in hair algae!
95FAA590-9A49-40CD-9241-692C9D959D35.jpeg
 
A soldier came up to me and asked me what today’s date is. I told him it’s October 4th. He said 10-4.
 
A soldier came up to me and asked me what today’s date is. I told him it’s October 4th. He said 10-4.
keep up with the joke of the day!

I have many jokes here is not a great platform for me to share on though
 
What’s the best method to clean powerheads? Mine have GHA and I can tell its slowing things down.
I use warm water and citric acid.
Soak for 5-10 minutes max and scrub gently should just fall right off and be clean as a whistle!
Or if no citric acid just use warm water and old toothbrush or something to scrub.
 
I use warm water and citric acid.
Soak for 5-10 minutes max and scrub gently should just fall right off and be clean as a whistle!
Or if no citric acid just use warm water and old toothbrush or something to scrub.

This is what I did this morning with my gyre's. It was a couple months and I could see that they are making more noise and falling off. Removed them, took apart, and sure enough a lot of green gunk. Warm water bath and a tooth brush with a pinch of elbow grease. Clean with the exception of the built up coralline algae.

I use my snail population also as a reference. Once the gyres become the hang out or party zone I know it is time to clean :)
 
lot of days in between,hopefully this cold front will change things
 
@Fin ...what in the H3ll did we do to deserve this???;Bored
Screenshot_20201004-161907_RZWeather.jpg
Yeah, I know.

Positives:
A - It won’t blow down my fence or patio cover.
B - I have already met my hurricane deductible for 2020
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new