Which tang?

• Total voters

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple, basic, expandable system. Had mine for almost 3 years, no issues. Usually goes on sale Black Friday for $99. That’s when I got mine.
Was going to suggest the same rodi unit from above! That’s a 75gpd unit. You can choose to upgrade to 100gpd for $10 more. Wait until Black Friday for some great deals
That’s just way to big for my bathroom vanity. I’m going to have to rethink this whole thing out. Could I make the water outside and then just bring it in after a day or so? Even in the heat?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clone. :)

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Two clocks go out to dinner. After they finish eating, one clock says to his friend, “I’m still hungry!” His friend replies,
“So go back four seconds.”

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s just way to big for my bathroom vanity. I’m going to have to rethink this whole thing out. Could I make the water outside and then just bring it in after a day or so? Even in the heat?
You could do that, but I would cover the unit to keep the sunlight off of it to avoid algae growing inside of the canisters. Also remember that cold temps affect the efficiency of the RO membrane. On a small system, you could just buy your water from your LFS. Just be sure to keep a good backup supply on hand for emergencies.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do that, but I would cover the unit to keep the sunlight off of it to avoid algae growing inside of the canisters. Also remember that cold temps affect the efficiency of the RO membrane. On a small system, you could just buy your water from your LFS. Just be sure to keep a good backup supply on hand for emergencies.
Yeah I’m buying it from lfs now. It’s just a pain. I don’t plan on keeping it outside full time. Just let it run for the day and then bring it in

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with this?

not sure if it’s any good but it’s compact and cheap! Let me know what y’all think or if u have suggestions

I have the RO Buddie. It works, but as someone said a standard system would probably be better. I don’t have any experience to compare it to. I did find out that when you buy replacements for it, they don’t send the ends so you have to take those off and reuse them. I didn’t know, and tossed my old ones out. Luckily they are sending me some fittings but the inconvenience is annoying.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation. Apparently chaetomorpha doesn’t need much, if any, light to survive. The lights in this sump (Pirate’s Reef) went dark on August 28th. I just turned the sump light on for the first time on October 16th and the ball of chaeto is still dark green. 45 days with only a little ambient light from a window across the room. Strange.

216C1D17-C12A-4AF6-9265-DFECCDA89F2C.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation. Apparently chaetomorpha doesn’t need much, if any, light to survive. The lights in this sump (Pirate’s Reef) went dark on August 28th. I just turned the sump light on for the first time on October 16th and the ball of chaeto is still dark green. 45 days with only a little ambient light from a window across the room. Strange.

Nope

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crazy.
I only had maybe 3 strands of it in my fuge when I first put it in.
Now it’s out competing the sea lettuce :/
Chaeto is a beast

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I moved the rock with the little BTA. Still no luck in getting a better light, and he’s shown no real want for it anyhow. As a last ditch effort I stuck his rock near one of my RFAs. They are kinda reaching out to each other. It’s really strange. I’ve read that you can feed a bleached nem a tentacle from a healthy one to help it gain its zoox back. But I don’t want to cut one of these and yesterday the little guy was not interested in eating the mysis. He’s still on the rock. Just bleached out and small. Sigh. I may just be holding on to a false sense of hope here.

Anyhow I just thought them reaching out like that was kinda cool.
E802E9FB-184E-4EFC-8B4D-A2AC809440CF.jpeg

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I moved the rock with the little BTA. Still no luck in getting a better light, and he’s shown no real want for it anyhow. As a last ditch effort I stuck his rock near one of my RFAs. They are kinda reaching out to each other. It’s really strange. I’ve read that you can feed a bleached nem a tentacle from a healthy one to help it gain its zoox back. But I don’t want to cut one of these and yesterday the little guy was not interested in eating the mysis. He’s still on the rock. Just bleached out and small. Sigh. I may just be holding on to a false sense of hope here.

Anyhow I just thought them reaching out like that was kinda cool.
E802E9FB-184E-4EFC-8B4D-A2AC809440CF.jpeg
What light are you running currently?

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light are you running currently?
Not good enough :(

I run a Currnet USA Loop Pro(which is two fixtures) as well as a Current USA Orbit Marine over the tank. It’s three light strips, and unfortunately, even though I was assured with my nem high enough, having three over the tank would be more than enough, it’s clearly not. I’m trying to upgrade (have some used equipment to sell off...) in order to buy a new light. I just don’t think it’ll be in time. The nem was fantastic for quite some time. And then he just wasn’t. I have read up that he was basically slowly starving even though he was open. Just a tiny little thing too, I feel horrible.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good enough :(

I run a Currnet USA Loop Pro(which is two fixtures) as well as a Current USA Orbit Marine over the tank. It’s three light strips, and unfortunately, even though I was assured with my nem high enough, having three over the tank would be more than enough, it’s clearly not. I’m trying to upgrade (have some used equipment to sell off...) in order to buy a new light. I just don’t think it’ll be in time. The nem was fantastic for quite some time. And then he just wasn’t. I have read up that he was basically slowly starving even though he was open. Just a tiny little thing too, I feel horrible.
What size tank and dimensions?

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a waterbox 70.2, so 24x24x21. Lights are 24”
Here’s a suggestion. Idk how much u have to spend. Go on Amazon get the 24” t5 fixture for $60 and then $80 of bulbs. Ati Blue+ coral + purple+ and blue+. You won’t have to worry about burning corals and you’ll grow everything! Or go get the 165w black box leds

Back