OP
REEFING_AZ

REEFING_AZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Do you have pictures of your self built 400 gal swim tank, where You homed a nurse and bamboo shark, zebra eel, and a few other predator fish?

Very cool and would love to see it!
I’ll look. I’m sure I have a picture on one of my external hard drives, finding it might be another.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 23022021132048.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
REEFING_AZ

REEFING_AZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Moving that tank must have been an adventure. Do you have any tips/tricks/lessons learned with moving a tank that size?
Moving the tank was a large and worrisome task. We started with the breakdown by putting as much water in buckets and trash cans with the goal of 50% transfer. After that we loaded rock, coral, anemones, and fish in their own buckets. With the fish I kept them in a 20 gallon trash can with air stone. We moved to removing sand, which we trashed. After that we could get the tank completely disassembled. We used a hydraulic cart to lower and move tank to trailer. At my house reassembled with new sand and water I had prepared from the night before. It took a total of 12 hours to get the basics up and running and another 8 the following day to fine polish. I’m at the 5 week mark and the tank is doing great with no spike in levels. I am definitely a rookie at this reefing but all I feel it takes is monitoring all the basics and don’t be scared to ask for a little advice. My biggest tip on moving a tank of this size would be over prepare and make sure you have as many people as possible with a minimum of 4 guys. It took a total of 4-32 gal, 5- 20 gallon trash cans and 10-5 gal buckets. Prepare more water than you think you’ll need. Just be smart, safe and everything will be fine.
Happy reefing

Back