The new ProfiLux Powerbar 6E-PAB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you updated the p4 firmware. I think only the last 2 GCC have the powerbar 6e on them. Also have you assigned the powerbars? Not sure why they wouldn't all turn on and act the same regardless? There's probably only a handful of guys that even have one, so will probably have to see what GHL says if you've contacted them?

Thanks. Running firmware 7.18 that came with the 4e, and a 6e PAB was in the box and is the one that’s working so assume they’re compatible. Will see what support says. Hopefully sorted soon as it’s taken 8 weeks from ordering to receiving it here in New Zealand (mainly customs delays). :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!!!

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing even 3 PBs at the same time.

It seems that the controller board has moved during transport, very likely also the internal ribbon cable is not in place anymore.
Meanwhile we increased the amount of clue to secure the boards, but the very first PB6E models had less glue, heavy shocks during transport could cause that the board and/or connector becomes loose.

-> you already opened a ticket, let us go from there, as you are from NZ: this can also be fixed at your place if you prefer to

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

sorry for the trouble and thank you for purchasing even 3 PBs at the same time.

It seems that the controller board has moved during transport, very likely also the internal ribbon cable is not in place anymore.
Meanwhile we increased the amount of clue to secure the boards, but the very first PB6E models had less glue, heavy shocks during transport could cause that the board and/or connector becomes loose.

-> you already opened a ticket, let us go from there, as you are from NZ: this can also be fixed at your place if you prefer to

Thank you, Matthias. I look forward to hearing from support. The 4e controller was very easy to set up and I’ll start using it as a monitor only in the meantime to get used to the functionality. [emoji4]

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is - Our brand new powerbar for the ProfiLux controller system

The short version:
  • 6 sockets individually switchable
  • heavy duty: up to 15 A each, high-inrush-current (peak 160 A) relays
  • individual current measurement and monitoring
  • availabe with sockets/plugs for USA/Canada, Germany/Austria, United Kingdom, France/Belgium, Switzerland (in a few weeks), other versions on request
  • connected over super-reliable ProfiLux Aquatic Bus
  • amazing design and outstanding quality
In detail: Please visit the GHL webpage here

PB 6E_Connections_diagonal_E.jpg

US-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-US_VorneOben_850x385.jpg

UK-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-UK_VorneOben_850x385.jpg

Schuko-version:
Powerbar6E-PAB-Schuko_Diagonal2_1000x590.png
The spec on GHL equipment is incredible. It blow similar products out of the water...
Am so intersted in the GHL brand latley it's amazing build.

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these bars. Still running 3 x 5.1 bars, but these are tempting.
Is there any reason why the PAB connection is again on the other side of the bar and not next to the power cable?
It makes, for me, more sense to have all cables at one side of the bar.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these bars. Still running 3 x 5.1 bars, but these are tempting.
Is there any reason why the PAB connection is again on the other side of the bar and not next to the power cable?
It makes, for me, more sense to have all cables at one side of the bar.

On the version 5.1 , the PAB connection is also on the opposite side of the power cord.
I would say maybe due space on the side or to avoid any electrical interference.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
6 controllable outlets all high inrush relays capable of 16a! No issues with high watt heaters or if we all want to go back to metal halides we can! Seriously beefy components!

I have an ATI PowerModule 8x80W with LEDs going over my new build. My current setup has logic to switch off lights in case of high temp - something Apex will no longer be able to do on my new build due to underrated EB832. This powerstrip would take the Amperage of the fixture without any issues!

Decisions, Decisions.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI PowerModule 8x80W with LEDs going over my new build. My current setup has logic to switch off lights in case of high temp - something Apex will no longer be able to do on my new build due to underrated EB832. This powerstrip would take the Amperage of the fixture without any issues!

Decisions, Decisions.

You can use an EB4. 1 of the outlets on the EB4 is rated to 12amps. Other 3 are rated to 8 amps.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use an EB4. 1 of the outlets on the EB4 is rated to 12amps. Other 3 are rated to 8 amps.
I wonder what was the reason not to include high rating outlet on the EB8 since it's what comes in package? To me it make sense to give the customers such ability without having to buy an extra EB...

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Yes the EB4 has an outlet like that, I used it for a chiller in the past. Big but.....it lacks current monitoring and hence failure alerts that comes courtesy of it.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wonder what was the reason not to include high rating outlet on the EB8 since it's what comes in package? To me it make sense to give the customers such ability without having to buy an extra EB...

Not the way Neptune operates.

I love that the GHL strip has 15Amp rating with each outlet rated the full capacity of the strip.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the EB4 has an outlet like that, I used it for a chiller in the past. Big but.....it lacks current monitoring and hence failure alerts that comes courtesy of it.

If current monitoring is a requirement then yes. There was no mention of that in your post. Only turning it off due to temp.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To cut down on costs. These high inrush, high amperage outlets are not cheap. "Most" equipment "should" operate fine on the cheaper sockets, but the problem arises when we don't know any better and plug a mh or high watt heater into these cheaper sockets. Usually doesn't handle that so well.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To cut down on costs. These high inrush, high amperage outlets are not cheap. "Most" equipment "should" operate fine on the cheaper sockets, but the problem arises when we don't know any better and plug a mh or high watt heater into these cheaper sockets. Usually doesn't handle that so well.
Ghl inrush current is like 160A. Never seen what's the spec on the EB I do not think they mention it.
15 amp outlet cost vs 10 amp outlet cost is really low...but I see how saving couple of dollars here and there matter.
I guess quality matters;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back