The new ProfiLux Powerbar 6E-PAB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really on topic but I'm not sure why no ethernet port would be a deal-breaker. I'm typing on a laptop that cost a few thousand and there's no ethernet port on that either...

Six switchable sockets, mountable... a decent improvement.
Same

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just tried to connect the PAB cable and the internals and connection ports of the powerbar shifted... not sure what to do. :/

d6bf28817248b3e54f73c167aa0a077c.jpg
Did you figure out what the problem was? I am having the same issue. No lights except power rocker switch

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you figure out what the problem was? I am having the same issue. No lights except power rocker switch
Yes, some of the first powerbars that were shipped out did not have enough glue on the PAB end of the bar, so a ribbon cable connection inside the powerbar had come loose from the bumps of transit. Subsequent bars have had this issue fixed. If you open a support ticket, GHL will be able to help. Because I live in New Zealand, I was able to fix the issue myself on one of the bars following an instruction guide GHL provided me via support. One of the bars I did have to ship back to Germany for repair, but it was swiftly and easily dealt with. If you are in the US, then I imagine it will be even easier.

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, some of the first powerbars that were shipped out did not have enough glue on the PAB end of the bar, so a ribbon cable connection inside the powerbar had come loose from the bumps of transit. Subsequent bars have had this issue fixed. If you open a support ticket, GHL will be able to help. Because I live in New Zealand, I was able to fix the issue myself on one of the bars following an instruction guide GHL provided me via support. One of the bars I did have to ship back to Germany for repair, but it was swiftly and easily dealt with. If you are in the US, then I imagine it will be even easier.
I was afraid of that. I opened a ticket but GHL is on vacation until 4 August and this is a brand new unit. Guess I either buy a new 6e (Cross fingers that a second works) or wait 3 weeks until I can get things up and running

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you asking does the powerbar through the pab to feed power to the touch and P4 the answer is no.
Both have independent power supplies that could be plugged into the powerbar. I hung off one of the outlets a small surge protector and plugged both into it.

Last edited:

hmbrower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help. I am just not able to plug anything into the power bar and get power. I added it via pab to the p4 but I still can’t get it to power anything

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The outlets are called switch channels, had the same problem lol

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the switch channel that you want to program
F72E1969-67CB-4F7E-9306-907490EF68E0.png
Under function pick what you’re going to use it as or for the time being set it to always on or in most cases it will be a timer.
Then back out and go to processes and set up one of them to do the function you want on that switch channel. Go back to the switch channel and assign the process number that you made for that channel

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s more to this but I’m also new to the ghl lineup and still learning

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the switch channels from always off to always on to turn them on before you program them.

BC4715F5-BD0B-4B08-AEEE-95AB4586F45D.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back