The new ProfiLux Powerbar 6E-PAB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these replacing the 5.1 bar that comes with the Profilux 4s immediately or with just new stock rolling out? I might hold off on the P4 until that happens if that's the case :)

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big deal breaker for me.

I have wired Ethernet and for security reason wouldn't connect an aquarium controller via Wi-Fi. I actually find it quite simple.

Full disclosure: I typed this reply on a laptop that costs few thousand US Dollars with no built in Ethernet port - like it changes anything.
So you'll connect your laptop wirelessly to your network but not the aquarium? I'm not sure why - perhaps you feel that this leaves your network more exposed to attack - but each to their own I guess. It's not something that worries me though.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the 5.1 powerbar had 4 high current relays, one dimmable capable socket, and one always on. So 5 switchable and one always on? Maybe I'm mixing that up with something else though. It's been a while since I looked and since I needed 6 switchable outlets I would have needed a second powerbar 5.1 or one of the other switchable bars. This is probably veering off topic at this point though.

Regardless, I am quite happy to see the six high inrush current relay outlets on the new bar since that basically removes any caveats I had about moving to GHL. Now I just have to figure if there's anything I need on the 4 or if the 4e will suffice. I keep thinking I'd like to monitor ORP so it may be worth just ponying up the cash up front for the 4 vs buying a card later for the 4e and maybe "wasting" an expansion slot later on.
Just get the P4 - you won't regret it. ;)

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
perhaps you feel that this leaves your network more exposed to attack - but each to their own I guess.

Perhaps. I don't want to derail this thread any further. We'll have to agree to disagree here.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOO shiny new bits have arrived, build quality is up to the usual GHL standard, this is going to be my power cut powerbar, which will connect to my UPS. Trouble is this muppet forgot to order a PAB cable, fingers crossed I’ve got a spare in the garage, then I can spend a day setting it all up..

image.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like all other pab connections they show yellow when connected your ok :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross I was wondering if you could possibly answer my previous question as to whether or not these will be included with new P4s or will the P4s continue with the 5.1 for the foreseeable future??

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of my three new 6e PAB do not seem to be powering on straight out of the box. Photo below. Is there something I need to do? Everything else is working well, setting up via the GHL Connect App. I am trying to set up and program everything before I switch from the Apex in the next few days.

Many thanks

000bd5577658a143ae818c1b1fbae3ae.jpg

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just tried to connect the PAB cable and the internals and connection ports of the powerbar shifted... not sure what to do. :/

d6bf28817248b3e54f73c167aa0a077c.jpg

Have you updated the p4 firmware. I think only the last 2 GCC have the powerbar 6e on them. Also have you assigned the powerbars? Not sure why they wouldn't all turn on and act the same regardless? There's probably only a handful of guys that even have one, so will probably have to see what GHL says if you've contacted them?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back