OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Orchid dotty back or at least thats what it was sold as. I know all fish can have different personalities and they dont read the same info we do. This guy was mean attacked any other fish I put in the tank, attacked me any time I was in the tank. It pulled hermit crabs out of their shells and would eat part of them.
My orchid was model citizen until it jumped. often pet stores confuse them with strawberry basslets which are jerks.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No blue damsels. Or any of that type of damsel yet?
It seems to me that alot of super aggressive fish have the most innocent sounding name.
My blue damsel for a while was super aggressive towards new fish. But when his frend got killed when I added the foxface he chilled a little. Then when I added the sailfin and the fairy wrasse he bullied the fairy wrasse for a but but them stopped when the wrasse started hanging out with the tang.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the Dussumieri. That really stinks. For my current system it is, without a doubt, a Red Flame Cardinal. It only comes out during the day to eat and attack other fish. Complete jerk!

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45g
After some years i "redo" my population and decide to do different...

Finally i regret my Flame hawkfish choice, nice fish... etc...
i knew that i can't put shrimp whit it... etc...

But i realize now that i really like to have pompom crab, sexy shrimp and goby/pistol in my tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45g
After some years i "redo" my population and decide to do different...

Finally i regret my Flame hawkfish choice, nice fish... etc...
i knew that i can't put shrimp whit it... etc...

But i realize now that i really like to have pompom crab, sexy shrimp and goby/pistol in my tank.
Well, if you don’t mind the aggression then Lyretail Hawks seem great for having hawkfish with inverts.

Just make sure not to have any wrasses or such with them as they will go for them.

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you don’t mind the aggression then Lyretail Hawks seem great for having hawkfish with inverts.

Just make sure not to have any wrasses or such with them as they will go for them.
Silver belly wrass, can't do a tank whitout it ! :)
I will just remove him (hawk)... (someday)

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lyretail Hawkfish. He HATES my Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse and so I hate him.
IMG_7454.jpeg

And of course, my pride and joy wrasse the Diamond Tail Flasher (Atty). This guy gets thrown into hiding by the b****** fish above.
IMG_7687.jpeg
I too despise my lyretail hawk. He is a complete ****** to my midas blenny. Thankfully my midas ain’t no bish and gives it right back to him!! Also I did regret a blue dot jawfish because it buried and killed a bleeding apple scoly. Think it got sand in its skeleton and never recovered no mattee how hard I tried cleaning it.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tang, "Albert the murderer" as my wife calls him. Killed a lot of fish in my first year with him....moved the aquascape around and he chilled out a bit finally...
Have to say, yrs ago our LFS owner “ gave” us a black Domino, we didn’t know what agression was till him, he was awful till our Yellow Tang took him out….. in minutes problem solved

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have to say, yrs ago our LFS owner “ gave” us a black Domino, we didn’t know what agression was till him, he was awful till our Yellow Tang took him out….. in minutes problem solved
One of the worse for sure

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it’s my Whitetale Bristletooth Tang. I’ve only been in the hobby for about a year and an half and have a 70g display. Wanted one good sized fish and after doing research found that this was probably about as big as I could go, plus I loved their colors - he’d be the centerpiece of the tank. Well, I’ve had him for about a year now and he can be a bully.

I’ve gone through 4 Diamond Gobies - he chases them and caused 3 to jump (2 while cleaning and lid was off and I didn’t notice and one when I forgot to replace the little 3” x 5” cover for the feeding hole). The last one, was a good sized Diamond Goby, thought being bigger he could defend himself better - I drip acclimated and put him in at lights out time - was dead the next morning. I‘m convinced it was the Tang.

He also used to bully my Lubbock’s Wrasse. I added a small One Spot Foxface to help with bubble algae and he started to go after him until he flashed his spikes. Now, they are buddies and hang together - and he no longer bothers the Lubbock’s.

My LFS said they didn’t expect any issues from the tang as long as I didn’t add another Bristletooth. I’ve since done a lot of reading and have found that these Tangs don’t like Diamond Gobies. I’m now wondering if I’d rather have a Diamond Goby instead of the Tang as they are actually a pretty fun fish.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me- I will take 6 powder Blue tangs over this Jerk- Dussomieri tang. I swear its worse than a sohal tang and antagonizes EVERY large tang in my tank and refuses to let anyone get food. I am very close to removing it and when I do- It will NOT get a chance to return to tank. Ive had Dussomieri before and Nothing lie this one ! For years - having multiple tangs has been a peaceful venture and as this has gotten large - it thinks it can do what it wants.

What is the fish you regret getting?

Perhaps , it will give others insights as to fish to be cautious getting
Mirror trick weekly to the Duss would help. I’m facing the same problem.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back