The Saintly Squire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1581275-2.jpg
The Squire's Wrasse is a “new” fish in the aquarium hobby. While the fish has obviously existed for a very long time indeed, it was only recently classified as its own species by Fenton Walsh in 2014. Its scientific name, Cirrhilabrus squirei, comes from Lyle Squire and family, who were instrumental in finding, capturing and bringing to market the first specimens. It is possible that the hobby had seen Squire's Wrasses before this point, and that they were being imported erroneously as aberrant variations of similar species.

We have good luck feeding them a meaty mix of food in house and we always add a small amount of appropriately sized pellet foods from Nutramar to this mix, which they generally start to take after a few meals. This is important as we feed twice a day and we see this schedule as a requisite for success in keeping these (and truthfully any Cirrhilabrus.) Getting your fish accustomed to having pellet foods allows you to use an auto-feeder for one or more of their daily feedings. Read More Here

1581275-1.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back