The Undecided Reef

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed reading your thread.. That's some good growth on your acro's :)

RR

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. They are all looking great. Tagging along. Thank you very much for sharing.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
George n Barb . Just the QT tank and live rock bin running atm .
Its MEM weekend may pull the trigger and sae 10 % on DT
LilBuddha don't feel bad about the rice. I'm not Japanese but lived on Okinawa for ten years after my army days ( actually went back ) and married a Okinawan women so I do love my rice.
I'm also starting out and starting with a QT tank as well. I'm also disabled ( back and balance) but I can't pick up heavy objects, therefore I learned the value of a pump.
I'm going from fresh to salt have a lot of equipment but my DT is 37 gallons, I have canister filters, no stand as it broke. And other odds and ends ( got a apex controller) so I'm slowly going.
Keep up the good work things are looking good, I'm cycling my rock and sand in the QT tank
And will move everything when I get the stand and new tank ( hoping that I can afford a 65 gal ( I live on the second floor of a condo can't have anything larger)
But good luck and keep the build up. It helps all of us learn and learning from these guys is fantastic and they are great

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too much to report . We have a local thread with a few of us doing a JF Fox Flame Grow Out . It's to compare colors and growth in different set up's.

This was my last upload about a week or two ago .

20160303_102953 by mordibv, on Flickr

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to bet a good balance on the tank . I am almost out of Bionic Salt . I wanted a bucket of this salt but common sense kicked in , I would either get a year of hell or happiness . I chose neither . Like most ppl a small bucket will tale the tale . I am crossing my finger's for it to be similar to TM BioActif.

20160309_150810 by mordibv, on Flickr

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!
TY

I finally got around to cleaning stuff up n rescaping the tank . I removed 3 rocks n used a lot of glue . Made two bommies and joined to the back with one branch rock . LOL . Maybe this will hold me for a bit .I think it has more depth now . Flow is way better now .
Things are kicking in gear and so far so good with the AquaForest Probiotic Salt.

20160320_101303 by

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some Aqua Forest Pro BioF n Pro BioS . I am also going to order the CoralEto see if pastel colors appear . I don't think tropic Marin offers a product as such .
As you can see the reef actif @ 17.00 per 100ml vs aquaforest probiof @ 8.99 per 25 grams . Both products appear to be ground up bio-pellets . A powder to dose in the tank . The Aqua forest stuff seems whiter in color n the dosing may be better suited for my small tank .
Tropic Marin wins the cost on this one . imho . I still like the salt though .
I will step up to bi-weekly then weekly after I get used to using some of this new product.I did slow down to every 3 weeks on water changes .

20160405_172044 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/31198377@N07/

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 105 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 47.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back