The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you culture white worms? If so would love to know how it goes for you/see your setup.

Thanks

First of all Big up to MR. Paul B he put me on to the black worms and then to the white worms which are better than the black as they can be gut loaded to feed your fish and they stay alive in the tank for a few days also.

I keep them in a container with potting soil and feed them wheat bread soaked in yogurt also nori sheets and some other things. My fish love them don’t talk about my wrasses.
I just started back my tank a few months back but it’s getting there.

Black worms
0292a3fb30cace94b1388c4a551608dd.jpg

There’s a pic of the tank a few post up.

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order California live blackworms from:

https://www.aquaticfoods.com/LiveBlackwormsM.html

Get the smallest order which is unfortunately 1/8th lb for $37.99 with included overnight shipping. Seems expensive but that will last you a looong time as long as you rinse them daily.
If you order quickly they will be there tomorrow morning.

If it doesn't eat those it likely won't eat anything so keep trying and it will either eventually come around or pass unfortunately, but I believe it is your best bet. IMO it is the best food we can give our fish for a variety of reasons and 95% of fish can't resist them.

Try offering food lightly 3x a day while she is out if you can. If she eats them keep feeding 3x a day but don't stop each feeding until she can't eat anymore. I only say lightly originally because she may ignore them first few times.

Thank you for the advice BigJohnny. I will give that a try.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First of all Big up to MR. Paul B he put me on to the black worms and then to the white worms which are better than the black as they can be gut loaded to feed your fish and they stay alive in the tank for a few days also.

I keep them in a container with potting soil and feed them wheat bread soaked in yogurt also nori sheets and some other things. My fish love them don’t talk about my wrasses.

Black worms

Never fed live black or white worms. I heard black worms carry parasites so I have been reluctant to use.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never fed live black or white worms. I heard black worms carry parasites so I have been reluctant to use.
I believe that's tubifex worms, which are sometimes sold as black worms. But tubifex are often found around raw sewage.

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Black worms

Where can I find white worms?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I kinda liked the Lineatus and C. isoscoles hotness too!

Is the Gold Flake going in a full blown reef tank? Love to hear your experience with this fish. Always wanted one but was a bit afraid of what it would limit me to in the way of coral.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back