Baby leopard
Baby yellow coris
IMG_20180517_125431963.jpeg

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda liked the Lineatus and C. isoscoles hotness too!

Is the Gold Flake going in a full blown reef tank? Love to hear your experience with this fish. Always wanted one but was a bit afraid of what it would limit me to in the way of coral.

I'm all sps so not much nipping. My bandit and regal are doing great in that tank with the emperor I just rehome cause he was too big and getting nasty with the regal and bandit.

AnakinReefWalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How destructive would a Red Coris Wrasse be? I know they are known to flip rocks, but if they are glued down they should be fine right?. I don't really have a CUC so i'm not worried about that

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How destructive would a Red Coris Wrasse be? I know they are known to flip rocks, but if they are glued down they should be fine right?. I don't really have a CUC so i'm not worried about that
If everything is glued, the damage they can cause is limited.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you heard that. They are incredibly nutritious and help build their gut bacterial fauna as well.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all Big up to MR. Paul B he put me on to the black worms and then to the white worms which are better than the black as they can be gut loaded to feed your fish and they stay alive in the tank for a few days also.

I keep them in a container with potting soil and feed them wheat bread soaked in yogurt also nori sheets and some other things. My fish love them don’t talk about my wrasses.
I just started back my tank a few months back but it’s getting there.

Black worms
0292a3fb30cace94b1388c4a551608dd.jpg

There’s a pic of the tank a few post up.
How do you get them out of there to feed, just take a scoop and rinse off the soil? Is it a sustainable culture like do they breed enough to keep up with demand or do you have to buy them repeatedly?

What soil do you use? No concern about getting some potting soil or soil additives in the tank?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get them out of there to feed, just take a scoop and rinse off the soil? Is it a sustainable culture like do they breed enough to keep up with demand or do you have to buy them repeatedly?

What soil do you use? No concern about getting some potting soil or soil additives in the tank?

I have a clear plastic mesh that I put on top of the mud the worms go onto that then I put it in ro water to get them off. You can also do the same way you said. Yes they do breed enough to keep up my demand. I got a small culture from Paul B a few months back and the container is filled with them now.
I use organic potting soil and no I don’t worry about a little getting in the tank.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where'd you hear that? I think your thinking of tubifex. True blackworms are different.
I'm not pinpointing one or the other. I was told by a LFS that "black" worms have parasites. TJ mentioned above the tubifex are sometimes called black worms and they may be carriers given their locations where they are collected.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clear plastic mesh that I put on top of the mud the worms go onto that then I put it in ro water to get them off. You can also do the same way you said. Yes they do breed enough to keep up my demand. I got a small culture from Paul B a few months back and the container is filled with them now.
I use organic potting soil and no I don’t worry about a little getting in the tank.
Cool thanks

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not pinpointing one or the other. I was told by a LFS that "black" worms have parasites. TJ mentioned above the tubifex are sometimes called black worms and they may be carriers given their locations where they are collected.
Yeah tubifex are not the same.

TripleDogDareYah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once upon a time I used to literally cold call various divers to hunt some rare wrasses down... Lost the entire tank one winter... and I had to quit the hobby after that. Been back a year now and this thread makes me want to get some wrasses again :).

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chad. I located some at my lfs. Actually according to the website WWC carries them so I'm going to pick some up on my next day off. I'll let you know if it works. Keep your fingers crossed.

It’s great stuff any new fish I get kills this from day one. Don’t know if it’s just my luck but it works great me.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chad. I located some at my lfs. Actually according to the website WWC carries them so I'm going to pick some up on my next day off. I'll let you know if it works. Keep your fingers crossed.

I wish I could join you at @WWC !!!!! Love that place. Before you head over, make sure to give them a call to see if they have us in stock. Even if they don't, it's still a great place to visit! ;)

Best,
Chad

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back