The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any wrasse species in which the females are (nearly) as attractive as the males?
Most of the Anampses are. And Pseudocheilinus, Pseudocheilinops, and Wetmorella are not sexual dichromatic.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got infected with Wrasse Fever pretty bad. My fix is not as expensive as Hunter. This is an example of my fix.
McCoskeri2018051803resized.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How destructive would a Red Coris Wrasse be? I know they are known to flip rocks, but if they are glued down they should be fine right?. I don't really have a CUC so i'm not worried about that
Hi there! I have had my Red Coris for a few years now....he was only a inch when I got him...now he changing to his adult colors...yea he will eat a clean up crew as he gets bigger...I don't keep any shrimp or snails...I have about 15 serpent stars....they are mostly nocternal....so he hasn't bothered them. Everyone is correct...he will flip over any and all corals, even big ones looking for food, including my large deresa clam. I had to glue all of my corals to large heavy rock. He is a great fish other than that....not agressive to any of my fish....!

44071fc9827776be6b2a58a4bd526931.jpg
67e5456848525ddcdc50307b487e34e2.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Leopard Wrasse
Anybody had an experience with this wrasse? I
I've had them in the past. Comparable to other leopards. Can be shaky the first few weeks, but then can be quite hardy. IME, it is the most peaceful leopard.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, all you guys getting P. attenuatus are making me jealous. Where are yall getting them and how much are you having to pay for them?

I'm on my 4th try [emoji22]. First one jumped while changing water. Seconds went in without acclimation with other fish never showed itself again. Now I have two in quarantine and hoping they both get along in my 210. I might ended up selling one.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my 4th try [emoji22]. First one jumped while changing water. Seconds went in without acclimation with other fish never showed itself again. Note I have two in quarantine and hogging they both get along in my 210. I might ended up selling one.

this one is my second try... my first one... was in bad shape when i received it... dead after 1h in QT... luckily i got a refund from LFS!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back