BBC8F373-F330-461E-97D7-E58824B5D512.png
5BC76D93-3244-45B0-B538-B4217452B4BD.png

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!!!! Ok so my Anampses neoguinaicus was added yesterday to my display....was out eatting, ate Mysis at both feedings. Went to bed about 8pm which was 2 hrs before lights out. This morning he was up a few hours before the lights came on. He ate Mysis at the first feeding, was out and about all day. Then about 4 pm went into the sand. No bullying at all in my tank. My experience is with leopards, not Anampses, is this something I should worry about? Anyone else have similar experiences with Anampses in general? With leopards I am used to them disappearing here and there in the sand, so I never worry about a new Leopard....so please set my mind at ease Thanks guys! [emoji16]

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!!!! Ok so my Anampses neoguinaicus was added yesterday to my display....was out eatting, ate Mysis at both feedings. Went to bed about 8pm which was 2 hrs before lights out. This morning he was up a few hours before the lights came on. He ate Mysis at the first feeding, was out and about all day. Then about 4 pm went into the sand. No bullying at all in my tank. My experience is with leopards, not Anampses, is this something I should worry about? Anyone else have similar experiences with Anampses in general? With leopards I am used to them disappearing here and there in the sand, so I never worry about a new Leopard....so please set my mind at ease Thanks guys! [emoji16]

He's just not on your time zone yet. He'll adjust in a few weeks.

Tony's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all proud of my little 6 line and cleaner wrass until I read this thread lol. Awesome fish in here!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same. Got up before light on then sleep before light out. They will slowly adjust.
My Potter get up late then got caught not sleep yet in the dark. I think they just need time. Now it is good for us to leave on some night light so either way they are not in total darkness. My fish room is completely dark for 10 hrs unless the moon light is on per Radion cycle.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does. But the position of the clam and the current is such that the dust does not hit the clam. The goby have to be right in the middle of the tank and in the front before the sand land on the clam. Ther is no sand there so this does not happen too often. He have to have a mouthful of sand then move to the middle of the tank before the clam get sand on him.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same. Got up before light on then sleep before light out. They will slowly adjust.
My Potter get up late then got caught not sleep yet in the dark. I think they just need time. Now it is good for us to leave on some night light so either way they are not in total darkness. My fish room is completely dark for 10 hrs unless the moon light is on per Radion cycle.
Thanks! So just like a Leopard than! Yea leaving a little light on is a good idea for sure!!! [emoji16]

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an incorrect spelling. Kuiter and Allen have eached addressed the spelling in seperate publications. FishBase doesn't address it because they don't recognize it as a valid species, they consider it cyanopleura. It is found in the Ryukyu Islands, the suffix ensis means from. So the correct name is ryukyuensis. There are no Lyukyu Islands.

You will notice the yellow blotch on the belly in the LA pic. That is what makes it ryukyuensis. Your pic doesn't have that. And in fact, the base coloring is different as well.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question on diamond tails, has the market been set for these as far as price goes or does no one want the on DD?? Never seen one stick around for very long, but that was when it was being sold at a lower price point. Thoughts...

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested to see where it goes.
I've kept this species in the past but the price was less than half what they are wanting for that one. Not to mention the ones that have sold for $700+ recently.

It's a beautiful fish but is not rare enough or difficult enough to collect to warrant that kind of price IMO.
If people are willing to pay it though, that's what will be charged.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugh ... my LFS just announced they got a few pairs of flame wrasses in for $300/pair ... I feel like my 120 is full though!

I kinda made a promise to myself not to try anymore fairy wrasses because they've been somehow finding spaces to jump through my egg crate cover or get injured jumping into it.

- Yellow tang
- swallow tail angel
- potters angel
- pair of onyx clowns
- cleaner wrasse
- china wrasse
- lubbock wrasse
- leopard wrasse
- potters wrasse x 2

You have room just go to BRS site and pick up DIY screen kit.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Greenstreet.1 How's the 8 Line doing?

Hey bud sorry about that had a busy weekend with RAP and a reggae show. I lost one of the 8 line wrasses was cut on the side and did not make it the other one is eating all the other wrasse in the other qt are good will start them on copper tomorrow.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back