The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OrianN...how are your Potters doing? Also how are your China Wrasses doing?
My two China wrasse are doing well. The larger one is better than the smaller one. Her stomach bulge up every day by the evening. The smaller one does not eat as aggressive yet, but is doing fine also. I only have him since Wednesday.
My three Potters are doing well, eating well, but so far have not eat flakes or pellets yet. I am training them to eat dry food before release them into my DT.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two China wrasse are doing well. The larger one is better than the smaller one. Her stomach bulge up every day by the evening. The smaller one does not eat as aggressive yet, but is doing fine also. I only have him since Wednesday.
My three Potters are doing well, eating well, but so far have not eat flakes or pellets yet. I am training them to eat dry food before release them into my DT.
Yea....glad to hear they are all doing well.... we just added my new China Wrasse, fed the tank...and ate like a pig..I didn't expect him to eat just after being added, and that he ate at the fish store in front of me....so keeping my fingers crossed! [emoji16]

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so essentially they would be competing for space with fairies?
From looking at my tank, and knowing my Leopard in the past, agree with Makers Marc. Leopard feed more on the rock and sand, they also eat out of the water column but more on the surface. Fairy and Flasher wrasses are mainly water column feeder. China wrasse have same feeding habits as Leopard.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so essentially they would be competing for space with fairies?

No not at all leopard wrasses hunt all day. What I mean by all over the tank is that they will be all over the rock Work and sand anywhere there’s bugs they will be there.

Fairies stay moving in the water eating whatever is moving when they are young they do be in the rocks hunting and eating bugs but I find once they get older they don’t do that as much.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The potters are nice but I would take kuiters or choat’s first[emoji23]
LOL! I have a Moyers which they say is like a Kuiters....I can't wait to see what he looks like when he gets his adult colors! Had him for about 6 months....here is a old pic...
2da4790d3ae704b3ae961d072807ecb9.jpg
fcdd59ada28c14b7d44693b0e753d726.jpg

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I have a Moyers which they say is like a Kuiters....I can't wait to see what he looks like when he gets his adult colors! Had him for about 6 months....here is a old pic...
2da4790d3ae704b3ae961d072807ecb9.jpg
fcdd59ada28c14b7d44693b0e753d726.jpg

What’s the fish next to him in the first pic ? Colors look crazy in the pic

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s sold out they have a Moyer that’s still there. Can’t pull any triggers right now both qt’s have fish in them.
I love my Moyers.....not agressive to any of my Leopards....he was at my LFS for over a month.... eatting Mysis like a champ...so I finally decided to get him....they one of the more costly leopards IMO....

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were eating aggressively. Doing well and my QT is running out of pods so I put them in DT today. I was only able to catch the Male Potter one of the female and one of the China. I have to try to get the rest at a later time.
My QT was getting crowned with all the wrasse. 40 gal is not design to handle 7 wrasses.
I still have a small Melanurus, Biocellatus, one China and one female Potter.
3E390A92-3583-42BE-91B0-E8735E231B64.png

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them Tuesday, did not feed them. They ate Wednesday, Thursday and Friday multiple times. I was able to catch 3 of the 7 wrasses in my QT to put into the DT. I will have to get the rest at a later time.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back