The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Packed in plenty of water and in separate bags. I was surprised that there wasn't a cooling pack, the warter temp was 80
and salinity IIRC was 1.021, i drip acclimated them for about 45 min. they barely moved during that time. I placed them in QT with a red light on just to watch for awhile and see if they were swimming around ok, then lights out for about 4 hours. Turned full light on offer a few mysis shrimp and they actively feed. started Prazipro today
Sounds like the are doing good so far! Keep us posted!

Grossman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was anybody able to snag the couple of potters leopards on fishybusiness? Would like to know how good they come in from there.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Packed in plenty of water and in separate bags. I was surprised that there wasn't a cooling pack, the warter temp was 80
and salinity IIRC was 1.021, i drip acclimated them for about 45 min. they barely moved during that time. I placed them in QT with a red light on just to watch for awhile and see if they were swimming around ok, then lights out for about 4 hours. Turned full light on offer a few mysis shrimp and they actively feed. started Prazipro today
Out of curiosity did you have your QT set up to 1.021 to match their salinity?

reeferanonymous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I could find a Psychedelic wrasse ( Anampses chrysocephalus )?

I am willing to pay top dollar if anyone has one they would part with!

Located in DC, willing to travel 100 miles.

Thanks!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I could find a Psychedelic wrasse ( Anampses chrysocephalus )?

I am willing to pay top dollar if anyone has one they would part with!

Located in DC, willing to travel 100 miles.

Thanks!
I would recommend getting females and letting one transition. A. chrysocephalus collected as males don't do well in captivity. They last a couple months, then begin "pacing" the glass and waste away. However, I have one that transitioned from female to male in captivity and it is doing quite well.

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help on wrasse decision. I got a 90 g established tank w/ a fuge. I currently have a yellow Coris wrasse who is super friendly. Never seen him attack anything even the new comers. Anyways I really want a leopard wrasse. Do you guys see any issues with adding? I already culture my own pods since I have a dragonet in a smaller separate tank.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help on wrasse decision. I got a 90 g established tank w/ a fuge. I currently have a yellow Coris wrasse who is super friendly. Never seen him attack anything even the new comers. Anyways I really want a leopard wrasse. Do you guys see any issues with adding? I already culture my own pods since I have a dragonet in a smaller separate tank.
I don't see an issue. The only issue is if you're relying on your pod culture to feed them all.

Pods should be considered desert only IMO.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. I have an 80g with a yellow coris with my leopards and Anampses.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Broomtail. Thanks

010.JPG

006.JPG

reeferanonymous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend getting females and letting one transition. A. chrysocephalus collected as males don't do well in captivity. They last a couple months, then begin "pacing" the glass and waste away. However, I have one that transitioned from female to male in captivity and it is doing quite well.

Very helpful, thanks for the input!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back