View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 so far..
IMG_9410_edit_1014967481148250.jpg
IMG_9402.JPG
IMG_9354_edit_724010494461397.jpg
Man that radiant is pretty. I'm still salty about my last (first) one. Wanted one for a loooong time, finally got one through my LFS and it died the next day.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that radiant is pretty. I'm still salty about my last (first) one. Wanted one for a loooong time, finally got one through my LFS and it died the next day.
Dang, that’s pretty annoying and upsetting… I wonder why we don’t see many of these guys come in as often, is it just because of their bad shipping? Or is it because they have to be brought up from being relatively deep down/to do with collection? I hope you try another one though! These are worth it and some people have tried 3 before they got one that shipped well.

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks..

I was after one for a while and kept looking at bad ones until the local Lfs had a really good strong one.

N3mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

They are fed really well, only frozen and nori.

They eat like pigs, wrasses even fight with the tangs for nori.

Some beautiful wrasse! I love C. aquamarinus (Previously known as C. cf solorensis) aswell as that flasher (I assume P. mccoskeri).
The iridis looks beautiful and healthy! I honestly prefer the female colours to the male colours, but my favourite of your three is for sure C. solorensis and that may be one of my wrasses for my dream tank, along with several others. I may try get one as my last fish although I almost never see them around anymore unfortunately.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that’s pretty annoying and upsetting… I wonder why we don’t see many of these guys come in as often, is it just because of their bad shipping? Or is it because they have to be brought up from being relatively deep down/to do with collection? I hope you try another one though! These are worth it and some people have tried 3 before they got one that shipped well.
No idea honestly. I'm not from the US or UK, but apparently my LFS' importer has them quite often, yet they never order them. They always have the yellows and jade wrasses in stock. Perhaps they're simply more sensitive.

I'd still love to have one! I don't think my yellow and timor would appreciate it though lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea honestly. I'm not from the US or UK, but apparently my LFS' importer has them quite often, yet they never order them. They always have the yellows and jade wrasses in stock. Perhaps they're simply more sensitive.

I'd still love to have one! I don't think my yellow and timor would appreciate it though lol.
I see you mentioned the Jade wrasse, these guys supposedly get aggressive when they change, we shall see how mine gets since I have noticed yellow showing up behind her eye and side fins (I forgot the name of them sorry). IMHO, I find the yellow “coris” wrasse to be plain as a female but if I ever find one with male colours it may slip into my tank magically haha

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you mentioned the Jade wrasse, these guys supposedly get aggressive when they change, we shall see how mine gets since I have noticed yellow showing up behind her eye and side fins (I forgot the name of them sorry). IMHO, I find the yellow “coris” wrasse to be plain as a female but if I ever find one with male colours it may slip into my tank magically haha

Go ahead and buy a female. It will eventually transition to male and you get to keep it longer!
Figured I'd share my new little guy. He's completed his 30 days in captivate and now a day or two being acclimated before venturing out. Enjoy.

20211111_162911.jpg

Beautiful Earl's! They must be coming in more frequently now. I got one a few weeks ago from Ocean Devotion. Where did you source yours?

RDtrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go ahead and buy a female. It will eventually transition to male and you get to keep it longer!

Beautiful Earl's! They must be coming in more frequently now. I got one a few weeks ago from Ocean Devotion. Where did you source yours?
I had a good friend that has a LFS source it from QM. He qts everything for me too, so we got it the end of September.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookts like a dottyback to me - manonichthys splendens

I knew it didn't look like any wrasse I ever saw but, when I bought the setup, the owner said it was an 8 line and I knew for sure that wasn't right.

Appreciate it.

BTW, the setup did come with a six line and I already have one in another tank, has anyone had two in a tank before?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 2, had another but lost it during qt. Would like to add one more and then 3 of a smaller variety just haven't figured out which ones. And possibly 2 of a rare/unique variety, but I'm unsure.
I have lyretails with my bimac. Would love to try ventris again if any of the vendors would get larger sturdy specimens.

RDtrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lyretails with my bimac. Would love to try ventris again if any of the vendors would get larger sturdy specimens.
Yes I agree ventralis would be beautiful. My wife would really like purple queens, but even getting them through QT is tough. I've had a pair of borbonius and maybe would consider them again....but they can be aggressive. Also my transitioned male bimac is extremely aggressive. Chases my lineutus if it strays into his side of the tank.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree ventralis would be beautiful. My wife would really like purple queens, but even getting them through QT is tough. I've had a pair of borbonius and maybe would consider them again....but they can be aggressive. Also my transitioned male bimac is extremely aggressive. Chases my lineutus if it strays into his side of the tank.
Went through aggression problems. Thought powder blue then started pulling wrasse. Problem was all wrasse was stress and kicking each other’s bits because my borbs kept them in one corner. She never did it in front of me as she was my baby and she followed every move I made. Then I installed a camera and caught her. She was 3 1/2” or bigger

Phlynamjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through aggression problems. Thought powder blue then started pulling wrasse. Problem was all wrasse was stress and kicking each other’s bits because my borbs kept them in one corner. She never did it in front of me as she was my baby and she followed every move I made. Then I installed a camera and caught her. She was 3 1/2” or bigger
I had pair borbonius Anthias that kept all my wrasses (mainly fairy and leopards) in upper corner of my tank. I had to rehome my pair.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back