The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recent additions, pardon the iPhone pics.

IMG_1027.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1058.jpg

Male Nahacky, Female Nahacky, Male Rubrisquamis

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are mine:

I also have a linespot but haven't gotten a good picture yet.

I have a melanurus currently but haven't photographed him yet. This is one from my old tank:

Last edited:

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great photography skills. Hunter has a nice stock list. When I first saw his setup I had 2 wrasse, now I have 5, and am stocking a new 125g for mainly wrasse.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hunter is a person (Evolved)I'm assuming your talking about the first pic though and it's Cirrhilabrus johnsoni, followed by Paracheilinus octotaenia, Cirrhillabrus nahacky, Paracheilinus bellae, Cirrhillabrus earlei and Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the scientific name of the hunter's wrasse?
LOL! :pound:

I'm not laughing at you, but rather at the irony.

Hi, I'm Hunter. Those are my wrasses! :xd:

Hunter is a person (Evolved)I'm assuming your talking about the first pic though and it's Cirrhilabrus johnsoni, followed by Paracheilinus octotaenia, Cirrhillabrus nahacky, Paracheilinus bellae, Cirrhillabrus earlei and Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis
1smile1

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hunter, you have a C. Lunatus don't you? That's one I don't see ever, got a pic.

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahahaha! :laugh:

I was thinking "I've never heard of that one before".

On another note, how would Paracheilinus octotaenia do with Cirrhilabrus solorensis? They're not the same genus, so I'm assuming they would be OK, correct?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hunter, you have a C. Lunatus don't you? That's one I don't see ever, got a pic.
I do have a couple older ones which I took. They don't hold a candle to zibba's quality however.
DSC_0397_zpsbfefe1da.jpg

DSC_0466_zpsdedc9a1d.jpg

It's an exceptionally shy species. I tried twice with a female alongside him; both times they shied away into hiding and withered away. Even the male isn't exceptionally bold, and is low in the hierarchy. He's reverted a bit, but I still hope he'll get the bold black markings when he matures. It was just starting to get there when I got him. He does have some nice irridescent stripes down the back which don't show in the photo.

On another note, how would Paracheilinus octotaenia do with Cirrhilabrus solorensis? They're not the same genus, so I'm assuming they would be OK, correct?
P. octotaenia is a notable exception to the timid, shy norm of the Paracheilinus genus. Not only is the species quite bold, but it's a BIG flasher. This guy is bigger than many of the Cirrhilabrus in my tank. But yes, mixing those two will be fine. Do note however, the terminal male P. octotaenia isn't the best shipper; females and sub-males fare much better.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great fish!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back