The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would j
I may have taken water over my head here but i just bought 2 juvenile M. bipartitus that have been at the lfs for about two weeks. They are eating well and are active.
Now im wondering how to quarantine? I don’t have access to copper so my alternatives are essentially either tank transfer or molly qt. Thoughts?
I would just observe in QT. No copper. Treat with prazi. If they look good at 4-6 weeks, in the DT they go. I can't remember when I last used copper. Though, if I buy from my lfs they stay at the store for a month then go in my observation tank for a month.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this guy and it’s all acclimated ….its first day out and eating…..
77FC460D-969C-4226-A5CF-7609D06C2846.jpeg

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of my wrasses (plus parrotfish) today. My 75 gallon has a timor, a radiant, a pintail fairy, a hooded flame fairy, and a golden rhomboid fairy. The 75 gallon has a brunneus fairy, an indonesian lubbock's fairy, a royal flasher, and a carpenter's flasher. The 65 gallon growout (working on the 180 gallon which will then be upgraded to something with an 8'x4' footprint) has a broomtail and a bicolor parrotfish.

20220910_180234.jpg
20220910_180430.jpg
Screenshot_20220910-181423_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220910-181346_Gallery.jpg

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would j

I would just observe in QT. No copper. Treat with prazi. If they look good at 4-6 weeks, in the DT they go. I can't remember when I last used copper. Though, if I buy from my lfs they stay at the store for a month then go in my observation tank for a month.
Any experience with an H2O2 30 min bath before putting them into QT?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus auradontorsalis is a beautiful species, got any others (or plan for any others)?
No, unfortunately I lost one who was able to find the only small hole in my lid for feeding and jumped out. Looking for possibly one more. Looking at either a leopard wrasse, yellow chest wrasse or a melanarus. Would any of these be compatible with this guy

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the white rings around the top of the eyes of one Carpenter wrasse (in QT with 2 others) something to be concerned about? All three seem to be fine, eating and with normal activity.

tempImagelHiZ0y.jpg

tempImageHfhaZl.jpg

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the white rings around the top of the eyes of one Carpenter wrasse (in QT with 2 others) something to be concerned about? All three seem to be fine, eating and with normal activity.

tempImagelHiZ0y.jpg

tempImageHfhaZl.jpg
The last McCosker wrasse I attempted to QT, also had those white spots over it's eyes. It was the first and only flasher wrasse I had seen like that. Didn't think much of it.

The fish did great in QT for about 3 weeks and then all of a sudden started exhibiting swimming issues that just kept getting worse and worse until it could no longer swim and would just lay on the bottom of the tank upside down, unable to right itself. I euthanized it.

No idea if the white spots were related to anything, but figured I'd mention it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tempImagelHiZ0y.jpg

tempImageHfhaZl.jpg
First off:
You better have a BIG tank for 3 Mccoskeris. These will eventually fight to the death if not given enough room (Even then in large tanks males tend to kill eachother off).

Now I’ve gotten that noted, the white rings are not normal. I cant remember what they’re linked to however it’s a disease of some sort.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, unfortunately I lost one who was able to find the only small hole in my lid for feeding and jumped out. Looking for possibly one more. Looking at either a leopard wrasse, yellow chest wrasse or a melanarus. Would any of these be compatible with this guy
all three of those are compatible with eachother and the current Cirrhilabrus.
This is assuming with “Yellow Chest Wrasse” you mean Anampses twistii.

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off:
You better have a BIG tank for 3 Mccoskeris. These will eventually fight to the death if not given enough room (Even then in large tanks males tend to kill eachother off).

Now I’ve gotten that noted, the white rings are not normal. I cant remember what they’re linked to however it’s a disease of some sort.
Thanks for the information. Posted on HumbleFish as well. They will be going separate tanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back