The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m crazy excited about the newest additions!

c. Earlei and c. Lunatus

Attachments

• F0674E81-8A5F-40D6-82AC-79A6F46F3F23.jpeg
    F0674E81-8A5F-40D6-82AC-79A6F46F3F23.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 41A3BE51-1D8E-4FE5-A47C-E5DC68CE2A74.jpeg
    41A3BE51-1D8E-4FE5-A47C-E5DC68CE2A74.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 56
  • AE331873-4E6F-4F4B-BFF3-2EE635B603CC.jpeg
    AE331873-4E6F-4F4B-BFF3-2EE635B603CC.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 61

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earles are beautiful, wish I didn’t have a plan for my next few wrasse already (and adding another fairy would be pretty Ricky due to there being 3 already established and agreeing with eachother)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha! Have you joined the club?
Earls2.jpg
The colours on them are so nice but the Scott’s is getting more aggressive by the day just with food (And they’re hard to get hold of here)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this beauty in my LFS today (Didn’t pick him or any new wrasse up unfortunately since the McCockers was sold and the biggest China’s anal fin was nipped at) and was just wondering what you think he is? I’m suspecting C. africanus
AA36695A-7321-4FFB-8618-01EA8A79F456.jpeg
what do you guys think this wrasse is?
It’s certainly a male (His dorsal is blacker at times, and the markings are a lot bluer in person, it was a phone image)

Also, the Cebu lubbocki has certainly changed since adding the Indo Lubbocki. Just to figure out how to colour up the Scott’s without adding two females..

Last edited:

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say transitional male C. Africanus
what do you guys think this wrasse is?
It’s certainly a male (His dorsal is blacker at times, and the markings are a lot bluer in person, it was a phone image)

Also, the Cebu lubbocki has certainly changed since adding the Indo Lubbocki. Just to figure out how to colour up the Scott’s without adding two females..

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of quick questions.

#1 Has anybody had any shipping issues with Laboute's? I'm on my second and it's not looking good. My first dies after about 3 days and this one doesn't look like it'll make it past 5 days. Every other fish shipped with them are all alive and well.

#2 is there any difference between Scott's greenback and Scott's velvet wrasse? I've seen them both labeled differently on the same site.
My Laboute was shipped Friday and came on Monday. He seemed almost dead in the bag. But I swished the water a tiny bit and he swam a little. Was almost face up near the surface. Thought didncross my mind I may need to just put him out of his misery. But I had to give him a chance so I acclimated and in he want. He came fully quarantined. He swam a tiny bit and was attacked by the yellow tang. Sat on the and in a cave. Tang attacked again. He swam in farther just sitting there. And then I had it go to work. I came home mid day leaving a really important meeting since the fish were coming. Figured he was dead. Got home 5 hours later and he was swimming around. This was 2-3 months ago but he has seemed very healthy ever since. So while I know weassses are delicate this one at least surprised me and is amazing. No more fighting with the tang. Was because he was so weak and sick when he got here. Gets along with everybody. My middle daughter named him Larry.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just picked up a female M. bipartitus (Blue star leopard) and she’s only about 1” so she’s in my nano (With the naoko that is also using it as a grow out) she’s been in the tank for 5 minutes and still chilling, hasn’t gone into the sand bed or anything yet so I thought I’d take this opportunity and grab a blued out image of her
When I say just, I did do a water change that took up to 15 minutes, Acclimated her (10 minutes since the salinity was the same, and the temperature was around 3 degrees off) she isn’t stressed or showing signs of it and she’s just cruising the back of the tank calmly whilst the other two wrasse check her out.
image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just picked up a female M. bipartitus (Blue star leopard) and she’s only about 1” so she’s in my nano (With the naoko that is also using it as a grow out) she’s been in the tank for 5 minutes and still chilling, hasn’t gone into the sand bed or anything yet so I thought I’d take this opportunity and grab a blued out image of her
When I say just, I did do a water change that took up to 15 minutes, Acclimated her (10 minutes since the salinity was the same, and the temperature was around 3 degrees off) she isn’t stressed or showing signs of it and she’s just cruising the back of the tank calmly whilst the other two wrasse check her out.
image.jpg
Literally 3 minutes after saying this I look at the back of the tank and see a clean white patch with the wrasse nowhere to be seen. Typical.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, can't join the C. earlei club, but have a C. brunneus almost done with QT.

brunneus.jpg
C. brunneus is still a beautiful wrasse. If I wasn’t going for a Blue star, Naoko, and a flasher (Not yet got hold of) then I would probably try get one. All wrasse have amazing personalities which is what makes up for a lot of them being ‘dull’ or ‘Common’

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. There is no dull wrasse I’ve found yet. They’re so much fun to watch.
I’ve seen one (It may be from the light) but it’s H. marginatus and even they were interesting to watch. I’ve yet to see a dull fairy wrasse (I say yet because I have been warned I will end up with a dull fairy) or even any of the ‘common’ genuses (Flasher, Fairy, Tamarins, Leopards)
The LFS had a nice sized M. melagris but I saw the Blue stars in the corner and they were eating so I picked one up

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I knew taking her in would be a challenge however, does anyone know if when they’re in the sandbed they eat because although she showed up today, it was a few minutes after I got home and when the food was dethawing she decided home was the sand bed.
There’s no bullies in the tank (Naokoae & Cryptic leave her alone)

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew taking her in would be a challenge however, does anyone know if when they’re in the sandbed they eat because although she showed up today, it was a few minutes after I got home and when the food was dethawing she decided home was the sand bed.
There’s no bullies in the tank (Naokoae & Cryptic leave her alone)
While not exactly the same, my ornate leopard wrasse stayed in the sand for 6 days when he first went in the tank. Then he came out and ate.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back