I was working on a customer tank when his wife casually informed me he dropped a power strip into the tank - not plugged in, thank God - and that said strip might still be under the tank in the stand. Not knowing if the strip I found was the one in question (it was dry and looked and smelled okay) , I gingerly plugged it in. I had no idea a wall of sparks / flames more than a foot high would shoot from the outlets of the powerstrip. I would not believed it possible had I not seen it. The water had evaporated, leaving invisible salt mulm in the strip. I could have used the thing as a weapon. If I'd had it near my face it would have blinded me. I was lucky not to be injured. The customer was a moron, and I didn't feel too bright either. I could have set his house on fire.