Thinking about getting a IM 40 Fusion Pro, is this a good one for a AIO Value wise?

BadPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially started out with a nuvo 20 and immediately upgraded to the nuvo 40 in less than a year. The only thing I don't like about AIO tanks in general is the limited availability of options due the dimensions of the baffles. Do I regret it? No. my biggest gripe with my nuvo 40 is my return pump chamber. With Sicce 2.5, I have to remove the the hose and back whenever I either clean or do anything on the return pump chamber. I currently have the icecap nano skimmer and intank media rack. a lot of people didn't like the first gen aps stand due to no shelves, but the second gen gives you one. I maybe upgrading to IM's 75 gal hopefully this year. Also, I recently upgraded the lights with orphek compact and looks so much cleaner compared with AI Hydra and Prime. Haven't checked par with orphek on but the corals don't seem to mind right now. Going back with limited space. The orphek is mounted with orphek's universal mount. I have to remove the mount everytime I need to access my media rack. I didn't need to with AI combo due to smaller mount size. Once I get the tank upgrade, lights will be ceiling mounted.

Attachments

• 20210320_144541.jpg
    20210320_144541.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210320_144552.jpg
    20210320_144552.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210320_144601.jpg
    20210320_144601.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 28

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a great deal on the 40 pro with a custom stand from a local Reefer who decided to move out of state, and never got the chance to set it up.
I’m impressed with the quality of the build and clear glass. I’d say go for it! You won’t regret it.
901A2440-5671-47BB-BAC7-C25E468B6C03.jpeg

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AIO tanks are terrible.

If you touch anything inside the tank. ATO turn on. I promise ou will reget it
Yeah I have to disagree with this. I have a tank with a sump and prefer aio over it any day. If you do cleaning or stuff in tank, just turn off ato? Simple.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have to disagree with this. I have a tank with a sump and prefer aio over it any day. If you do cleaning or stuff in tank, just turn off ato? Simple.
agree with this. I have had a few “bigger” tanks (60g-125g) and the IM Nuvo20 pro is my first aio. Love the ease of the setup. Also, being slightly limited on stocking options for a smaller tank makes life easier for an indecisive person.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydra 32 and reefbrite k series
Nice, how are those lights so far?
Imo, it is great value. The beauty of the NuvoAquariums is not only how the back is designed, but the quality of the build itself. Top-notch, imo. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them, and still do now.

The APS stands I am not a fan of.

But the tanks. Yeah, they are great.

There are a lot of Fusion 40 builds floating around in this forum, check them out and/or ask their owners for info and stuff to see if you'd like them.
That's good to know. It's been ages since I upgraded a tank, been stuck with a biocube for 5 years. And rimless at the time were pretty pricey.
Still new to corals so they are all easy ones haha

A374121E-5ED4-4F9C-AFCB-24EDEBEE787D.jpeg
That's clean =O My rock work looks identical in my biocube. I plan to stick with softies for the time being.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially started out with a nuvo 20 and immediately upgraded to the nuvo 40 in less than a year. The only thing I don't like about AIO tanks in general is the limited availability of options due the dimensions of the baffles. Do I regret it? No. my biggest gripe with my nuvo 40 is my return pump chamber. With Sicce 2.5, I have to remove the the hose and back whenever I either clean or do anything on the return pump chamber. I currently have the icecap nano skimmer and intank media rack. a lot of people didn't like the first gen aps stand due to no shelves, but the second gen gives you one. I maybe upgrading to IM's 75 gal hopefully this year. Also, I recently upgraded the lights with orphek compact and looks so much cleaner compared with AI Hydra and Prime. Haven't checked par with orphek on but the corals don't seem to mind right now. Going back with limited space. The orphek is mounted with orphek's universal mount. I have to remove the mount everytime I need to access my media rack. I didn't need to with AI combo due to smaller mount size. Once I get the tank upgrade, lights will be ceiling mounted.
Thats nice! Oh, another new light I've never heard of, gonna check it out. That shows how late I am to the newest tech xD.
Just got a great deal on the 40 pro with a custom stand from a local Reefer who decided to move out of state, and never got the chance to set it up.
I’m impressed with the quality of the build and clear glass. I’d say go for it! You won’t regret it.
901A2440-5671-47BB-BAC7-C25E468B6C03.jpeg

Oh gotta check this out!
agree with this. I have had a few “bigger” tanks (60g-125g) and the IM Nuvo20 pro is my first aio. Love the ease of the setup. Also, being slightly limited on stocking options for a smaller tank makes life easier for an indecisive person.
I like AIO's due to their simplicity.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, how are those lights so far?

That's good to know. It's been ages since I upgraded a tank, been stuck with a biocube for 5 years. And rimless at the time were pretty pricey.

That's clean =O My rock work looks identical in my biocube. I plan to stick with softies for the time being.
I love them. I can’t say enough good things.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back