Thinking of buying a Mr Blue Bounce Mushroom , need some advice on these before I push the go button.

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard the regular bounce mushroom is super rare but is the Mr Blue Bounce mushroom worth 275 ? It seems pretty cool looking and wwc is selling it which I’ve had good luck with them, any advice on this specimen would be nice, thank you.

F6C08000-45C5-4EDB-A1EB-8B1A81750B72.jpeg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a nice shroom, Price is mainly what’s is worth for you, if I had seen this shroom in shop for that price I wouldn’t really be interested, rare is missed used these days. We think something is quite unique and all the sudden we see it for sale somewhere else for less than half price.

Bottom line as long as you like it. Go for it

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I tend to stay away from mushrooms, mainly because of the price for how fast they grow and how easy they spread.

Is it worth it? It’s definitely different looking, do you like it enough for $275??? That is the question...

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a nice shroom, Price is mainly what’s is worth for you, if I had seen this shroom in shop for that price I wouldn’t really be interested, rare is missed used these days. We think something is quite unique and all the sudden we see it for sale somewhere else for less than half price.

Bottom line as long as you like it. Go for it
I honestly want an OG Bounce but this one seems easier to get, even if people would buy the frags from it for 50 dollars I could make my money back or even just trade but I’ve never seen any hype about this kind so I figured I would ask you guys. This all started just from watching a new coralfish12G video lol the Impulse buy mode needs to slow down soon it’s going crazy

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly want an OG Bounce but this one seems easier to get, even if people would buy the frags from it for 50 dollars I could make my money back or even just trade but I’ve never seen any hype about this kind so I figured I would ask you guys. This all started just from watching a new coralfish12G video lol the Impulse buy mode needs to slow down soon it’s going crazy

If you want a OG I would save probably go in that direction, last thing you want to do is to buy something that you dnt really want, also this is a professional picture a bit over saturated to my taste, in your tank you won’t see the electric blue and the bounce will be almost black to naked eye. If you take a phone pic of the same coral you won’t look at it twice. Have you considered an hulk I find them nice to look at and the bounce on them quite interesting, again they don’t look as good as most pics make them look like but still a nice shroom, would pay more that 200 for one though

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
If you want a OG I would save probably go in that direction, last thing you want to do is to buy something that you dnt really want, also this is a professional picture a bit over saturated to my taste, in your tank you won’t see the electric blue and the bounce will be almost black to naked eye. If you take a phone pic of the same coral you won’t look at it twice. Have you considered an hulk I find them nice to look at and the bounce on them quite interesting, again they don’t look as good as most pics make them look like but still a nice shroom, would pay more that 200 for one though
Thanks for the insight think I’ll wait for the bounce lol

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winter green is also a cool shroom

06ebc2b782c38ae27360fbaae8457f58.jpg

I find the bounce on them almost elegant if we can use that word to describe a mushroom [emoji23]

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the reefbreeders led light though and all the colors pop nice, check out the blue on my zoa frag just took the pic now no editing
99E647D2-3607-4DEC-9D07-FB3248496949.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I tend to stay away from mushrooms, mainly because of the price for how fast they grow and how easy they spread.

Is it worth it? It’s definitely different looking, do you like it enough for $275??? That is the question...
I agree. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to pay the price. But once you have one, you can. Cut it up into multiple pieces or watch it grow into a few new pieces. I give my shrooms away for free. My reef club peeps get free pieces.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back