Third time better be the charm

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to throw this up there but I just need a confirmation. #Cronies is this brook? I think yes. No other fish presenting and this just showed up last night. Oldest fish in the tank. Eating fine swimming fine. If so pull and do a fw dip? Thanks all. Will order meds and transfer to the 29 if needed.
1000009113.jpg
1000009115.jpg
1000009111.jpg
1000009111.jpg
when did you most recently add a new fish?

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks more like a fungus to me. i would have expected brook to show up much quicker and not effect your oldest fish.
Knee jerk was brook since it's the clown only showing symptoms. fungus among us.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my only hesitation.
Looks like brook to me ugh…. When I had my outbreak only the clowns showed signs and all other 30 fish were fine including chromis, anthias, tangs etc… I’d treat your display with ruby rally pro it won’t hurt anything and can only help honestly if it is indeed brook…

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like brook to me ugh…. When I had my outbreak only the clowns showed signs and all other 30 fish were fine including chromis, anthias, tangs etc… I’d treat your display with ruby rally pro it won’t hurt anything and can only help honestly if it is indeed brook…
Ordering now. I did just add all those bumblebees but that was about a week ago.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

it doesnt look cotton like which is what i would expect with brook... however it could be. Ive just never heard of late onset, typically its newely added fish.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Jay: "Brooklynella causes more like sheets of mucus. I have seen some cases where the mucus was more spotted and looked more like it. Both clowns and gramma are very prone to Brook. With clowns that have Brook, they swim like they are “stiff”."

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Jay: "Brooklynella causes more like sheets of mucus. I have seen some cases where the mucus was more spotted and looked more like it. Both clowns and gramma are very prone to Brook. With clowns that have Brook, they swim like they are “stiff”."
That’s how mine looked like they were almost shedding then they became very mean and stopped eating before passing away.. :/

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s how mine looked like they were almost shedding then they became very mean and stopped eating before passing away.. :/
First hand experience always wins over anecdotal in my book. @Stang67 I would treat for brook like @Troylee said and do a combo to cover possible fungus as well.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First hand experience always wins over anecdotal in my book. @Stang67 I would treat for brook like @Troylee said and do a combo to cover possible fungus as well.
I was just reading she has a 29 qt tank so that wouldn’t be a bad idea to treat there with other meds as a precautionary.. Ruby rally is reef safe and I’ve treated my tank with it a few times and if it’s indeed brook it will take care of it in the display.. I unfortunately got mine to late and my clowns had passed.. I treated my display immediately once I got it to make sure no other fish got it or carried it as going fallow was not a option with all my fish in a 300 lol… I added 4 new clowns about 3 weeks after the outbreak and all is well now for like 4 months or so and no more signs of brook and new clowns are happy and healthy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert and the pictures are a little grainy but it doesn't look like the brook I have seen. Are there any other symptoms like heavy breathing or swimming into the flow of powerheads.
No in fact she normally swims into the flow and she isn't as much now. No heavy breathing that I can tell either.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She ate last night I hand fed some mysis.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some rally from chewy no other options att. Hope it gets here soon. If I can catch her I will put her in the 29 tonight. Part of me thinks treating the whole tank may be a good idea just in case. What's a good bacteria/fungus treatment. I have prazi. And when they say fw dip do they mean rodi or just fresh clean saltwater?

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some rally from chewy no other options att. Hope it gets here soon. If I can catch her I will put her in the 29 tonight. Part of me thinks treating the whole tank may be a good idea just in case. What's a good bacteria/fungus treatment. I have prazi. And when they say fw dip do they mean rodi or just fresh clean saltwater?
freshwater dip is regular water and Jay receommends Tap because it is closer to the tank PH. I've also seen him say you can put a splash of tank water to help buffer the PH to closer.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.1%
Back