Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumped but I'm back.

The new setup looks Rad! NGL, I'm a little jelly of all that space!
Thanks amigo. Its nice having a basement. It acts like a giant chiller for the sump in the summer. Thinking (it never stops) maybe, when I finally get everything set up the way I want I could actually move my "office" downstairs to the fish lair. I would have enough room for the desk and a light. Then I can convert the "office" to a spare room. But no one ever visits so maybe something else.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks amigo. Its nice having a basement. It acts like a giant chiller for the sump in the summer. Thinking (it never stops) maybe, when I finally get everything set up the way I want I could actually move my "office" downstairs to the fish lair. I would have enough room for the desk and a light. Then I can convert the "office" to a spare room. But no one ever visits so maybe something else.
QT tank room? Setup multiple QT tanks - fresh, salt, coral. Frag tank, grow out tank, breeding tanks for clowns...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. We are normally at "dad's" house every weekend and his parents live next door so they will baby sit as well. He also has a dog but she is very old. I am very lucky that I have multiple sitter's available if needed. I have never really said I need a break you watch them for the day, unless I am going on an overnight somewhere, like diving. I felt terrible but I needed it for sure.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT tank room? Setup multiple QT tanks - fresh, salt, coral. Frag tank, grow out tank, breeding tanks for clowns...
Lugging water up to the office tank is a PITA. so no but we could expand the fish lair.........

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all for it. My view from my desk. I WFH 100%
PXL_20220711_170013406.jpg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's level and we have (some) wet.
I found a spot that I have a leak so gonna find the silicone tomorrow. MAKING some water as we speak so gonna fill it up and get it salty soon. Sorry for the cramped pic should be able to get a better one tomorrow. Need ideas for some lids now.
20220712_181736.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's level and we have (some) wet.
I found a spot that I have a leak so gonna find the silicone tomorrow. MAKING some water as we speak so gonna fill it up and get it salty soon. Sorry for the cramped pic should be able to get a better one tomorrow. Need ideas for some lids now.
20220712_181736.jpg
Duct tape... Don't ask...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had some leaks from the bulkheads. But then because I was an idiot and didn't leave myself any wiggle room I could not access said bulkheads. So yeah hindsight always wins. Drained and moved everything a foot closer to the mixing station. Releveled the stand with tank and called the man and asked for help with re running the plumbing this weekend. I never ask for help, I am just tired and crabby and don't want to break anything. OK done whining. Thanks.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had some leaks from the bulkheads. But then because I was an idiot and didn't leave myself any wiggle room I could not access said bulkheads. So yeah hindsight always wins. Drained and moved everything a foot closer to the mixing station. Releveled the stand with tank and called the man and asked for help with re running the plumbing this weekend. I never ask for help, I am just tired and crabby and don't want to break anything. OK done whining. Thanks.
Ain't nothing wrong with askin for a hand. It gives people the opportunity to Help you. I'd say most people like helping their people. Unless it's moving houses

Or tanks :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a Jaebo PP20 used from a fellow R2R member. Going to put that in the 180g later tonight to get some more random flow around the tank and move the other Korilia down to the frag tank. Also hoping to get some more frags put in place and off the racks. Ordered some Prodibio Digest to help get the bacteria up and moving. I am still having an issue with GHA. Dosed ReefFlux last week and nothing so far. Still pulling and skimming. Pu just POO's alot I think.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a Jaebo PP20 used from a fellow R2R member. Going to put that in the 180g later tonight to get some more random flow around the tank and move the other Korilia down to the frag tank. Also hoping to get some more frags put in place and off the racks. Ordered some Prodibio Digest to help get the bacteria up and moving. I am still having an issue with GHA. Dosed ReefFlux last week and nothing so far. Still pulling and skimming. Pu just POO's alot I think.
OK that power head is WAY TOO MUCH FLOW.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even turned down? Lowest level should be 450gph area.
I would have thought it would be OK but I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe I'm just not used to that much flow. Gonna play around with some more this weekend and see. If not it's up for grabs.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would have thought it would be OK but I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe I'm just not used to that much flow. Gonna play around with some more this weekend and see. If not it's up for grabs.
Mine is 2100gph. I aim it kind of upwards for surface agitation and to keep it from stirring up sand.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should in theory, be able to turn down low enough you barely see a change.. any chance the controller is locked higher?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back