Third time better be the charm

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My bees are here too!
IMG_1427.jpg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to @Mibu . Snail eggs. Tasty treats for the fish!
Thanks for the reassurance. There are 2 groups of them one on each the right and left panes in the upper corner by the returns. There IA a chance the fish can't get to them based on where they are. I could use some more cuc so I am hoping they make it. Is there a time frame for them to hatch?
Indiana and the folks were nice. My mom is actually coming to stay here for the week tomorrow. Her mom (my gm) is getting bumped from her step down where she has been since getting discharged from the hospital a month ago. So now they (mom and 2 siblings) are meeting to find a place for her to go and figure out how to tell her she probably won't be able to ever go back home. I am not looking forward to this week to say the least.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the reassurance. There are 2 groups of them one on each the right and left panes in the upper corner by the returns. There IA a chance the fish can't get to them based on where they are. I could use some more cuc so I am hoping they make it. Is there a time frame for them to hatch?
Indiana and the folks were nice. My mom is actually coming to stay here for the week tomorrow. Her mom (my gm) is getting bumped from her step down where she has been since getting discharged from the hospital a month ago. So now they (mom and 2 siblings) are meeting to find a place for her to go and figure out how to tell her she probably won't be able to ever go back home. I am not looking forward to this week to say the least.
I do hope it all works out. Hopefully grandma will be able to be made happy.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a lead on some fish. A local club guy is breaking down a 40g due to a co2 crash. Not entirely sure what he means by that. But he seems to be getting rid of everything. So I called dibs on a lawnmower blenny, long nose hawkish, 6 line wrasse, cleaner wrasse and yellow watchman. All of them were on my list except the cleaner, which I have read may be difficult to keep. 120$ for all. Confirming size, diet and where he got them. They all went through qt with him and will be doing the same (observation only) with me. Hoping he can hold them until this weekend. Going to set up the frag tank as a quarantine. If not they can go in the rubbermade tub. Just changed water in all 3 so we should be good. Testing Ll tomorrow.
Mom got in ok. Has meetings at some homes with her siblings tomorrow. Sleep time.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to pass on the fish. Something is just saying "these are not the fish you're looking for". So I am not going to buy something just to have something. Ran water test for the Display today and everything is good except Phos is 0. Have GHA coming in so that is sucking it up. I dosed reflux last night and pulled as much as I could during the water change. Going to go downstairs and figure out how to set up the frag tank. Gut is telling me to do that instead so were going with it.
Got my ICP test back (finally) and everything looks good if not a little low on the minor elements. So I was hoping for some recommendations on a good broad spectrum supplement to start with to help with these levels. Guessing Lugols for the iodine and reefroids for some PO.
Screenshot 2022-07-06 4.09.15 PM.png

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Decided to pass on the fish. Something is just saying "these are not the fish you're looking for". So I am not going to buy something just to have something. Ran water test for the Display today and everything is good except Phos is 0. Have GHA coming in so that is sucking it up. I dosed reflux last night and pulled as much as I could during the water change. Going to go downstairs and figure out how to set up the frag tank. Gut is telling me to do that instead so were going with it.
Got my ICP test back (finally) and everything looks good if not a little low on the minor elements. So I was hoping for some recommendations on a good broad spectrum supplement to start with to help with these levels. Guessing Lugols for the iodine and reefroids for some PO.
Screenshot 2022-07-06 4.09.15 PM.png
I use Continuum Coral Aquatics from Brightwell Aquatics. You can get H, V, and MM for iodine, aminos, and trace. H is Iodine, MM is trace I think.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Continuum Coral Aquatics from Brightwell Aquatics. You can get H, V, and MM for iodine, aminos, and trace. H is Iodine, MM is trace I think.
Nice thanks!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, recommend some metazorb ,for the aluminum,heavy metals,
Kent ESSENTIAL Elements here for all around things i don't test for... :rolleyes:;) :)

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to set up the frag tank. You know what that means basement fish lair Jenga.
Here is the before.
20220707_173654.jpg

Mixing station is getting moved to the left and the frag tank is going in the middle. Rubbermaid is going somewhere else. Not in basement.contents of rubbermaid will go in frag tank for now. Frag tank will also be qt for new fish. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back