Third time better be the charm

Aqua62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we may be on this page for a while. Who ever flips it to page 70 owes me a frag.
Dino treatment going well and finally starting to see results in the tank and in the #'s. I test po and ni every day. They have finally come into line and have stayed there for 3 days. Down to dosing po and silicates every other/third day or so. MB7 down to once a week and phyto every day still. Won some pods from algae barn but there has been a delay with the communication with them over the holidays. Skimmer and carbon reactor are off. Feeding remains the same as well as lights. Noticed that my mag levels have finally fallen below 1500 and they have never been there. Always super high. Attribution to silicates messing with alk and MG being used up to keep level????
Well have a good night and if I don't bother you all again before then Have a Happy New Year.
Edit: I have not done any water changes since before turkey day and Aquaforest Life Source does poses magical powers I am sure of it
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday GIF

Ok, so I owe you a frag, you have to either travel to the good side of town or wait till the Lear swap in Feb.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday GIF

Ok, so I owe you a frag, you have to either travel to the good side of town or wait till the Lear swap in Feb.
The tank is turning a corner with the dinos and I have plans to go to LEAR for sure. As for the good side of town is there really one??? Thanks for the well wishes!!!
Oh and did you see Reef trader has been updated?? Should be interesting to see what they do with it for LEAR.

Aqua62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see that the site was sold and updated.
Lear will be a good test for the updated site, once it lists itself on there it is pretty active till swap day.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am very happy to report that I beat the dinos. It's official. So to celebrate I am spending tomorrow with the tank. Plan on rescaping a bit, hooking up the extra power heads, testing and getting the auto water changer hooked up. It's been a long week and it's me and the doggos tonight. We leave next Friday for our annual winter vacation. I know your not supposed to do anything major before a vacation so just going to do it anyway. Then when we get back I am going to have to get the jerk damsel out and possibly look at rehoming Pu. She has gotten so big that it may be difficult adding new fish, if the cardinal massacre is any indication. I will think on it some more and will give myself till May to decide. If anyone is looking for a Mingi let me know.
Sleep tight all see you tomorrow with fun pix.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mingi huh... :) maybe Nate ? then here ??
how big...:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
IMG_20230114_165253_565.jpg
She's about 6 to 8 inches now. Her tail fin is just starting to get its streamers. Will get pix tomorrow. She's a big piggie.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230115_135353.jpg

The infamous Pu.
Her in the somewhat newly cleaned and organized 180g. She is smack dab in the middle.
20230115_141715.jpg

Cleaned up the fish lair and treated for aptasia. Cleaned glass and reset light schedule. Time for a nap.. off tomorrow am so will do some more then.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230115_135353.jpg

The infamous Pu.
Her in the somewhat newly cleaned and organized 180g. She is smack dab in the middle.
20230115_141715.jpg

Cleaned up the fish lair and treated for aptasia. Cleaned glass and reset light schedule. Time for a nap.. off tomorrow am so will do some more then.
Beautiful Mingi

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corraline is coming on really strong which is a good sign. Something had been sucking the calcium and mag out of the water during the dino treatments. Testing tomorrow. I think I am starting to like my tank again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back