Third time better be the charm

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it's not mean or incorrect info I don't care what gets posted.

And therein lies the problem. I am a bit more twisted than most and often find humor in what others consider macabre. Additionally, while never intended to be mean, my comments are occasionalconstrued that way. Especially so in written form with no ability to apply inflection or facial expression. A very good example is the following post that I made on @dantimdad ’s thread.

Post in thread 'Fish building/man cave build!'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fish-building-man-cave-build.856751/post-11019633

But I don’t really care what he thinks! (See, this could be construed as being mean!)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And therein lies the problem. I am a bit more twisted than most and often find humor in what others consider macabre. Additionally, while never intended to be mean, my comments are occasionalconstrued that way. Especially so in written form with no ability to apply inflection or facial expression. A very good example is the following post that I made on @dantimdad ’s thread.

Post in thread 'Fish building/man cave build!'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fish-building-man-cave-build.856751/post-11019633

But I don’t really care what he thinks! (See, this could be construed as being mean!)
season 4 friends GIF

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally home home as in my house and not the man's. Car battery was dead (again) so ended up getting a new one and grocery shopping. Got home and all the tanks are fine. Dirty glass, salt creep and upended frags are the only negative things. Ato had about a day left in it winter and house is dry so that's to be expected. Will test tomorrow and see where we are at parameter wise. The dinos did not come back while I was gone which was my ultimate fear but I do have quite a few aptasia that have popped up. Going to stick with the kalk paste method for treatment. May get some peppermints or nudis depending on cost and availability. Ultimate plan is file fish when I get the ability to. Based on this good news I will be making some purchases at the swap in February.
Next trip is April so hopefully to have the Awc hooked up and running for that.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally home home as in my house and not the man's. Car battery was dead (again) so ended up getting a new one and grocery shopping. Got home and all the tanks are fine. Dirty glass, salt creep and upended frags are the only negative things. Ato had about a day left in it winter and house is dry so that's to be expected. Will test tomorrow and see where we are at parameter wise. The dinos did not come back while I was gone which was my ultimate fear but I do have quite a few aptasia that have popped up. Going to stick with the kalk paste method for treatment. May get some peppermints or nudis depending on cost and availability. Ultimate plan is file fish when I get the ability to. Based on this good news I will be making some purchases at the swap in February.
Next trip is April so hopefully to have the Awc hooked up and running for that.

We were just discussing the price of nudis (and shipping) being so ridiculous that they have become cost prohibitive. Below is a link that I posted on the other thread about breeding nudis. At the very least, it is informative and interesting!
Additionally, I figure if I can get enough people populating Bergias then if/when I need some I have some donors! ;)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We were just discussing the price of nudis (and shipping) being so ridiculous that they have become cost prohibitive. Below is a link that I posted on the other thread about breeding nudis. At the very least, it is informative and interesting!
Additionally, I figure if I can get enough people populating Bergias then if/when I need some I have some donors! ;)

It's interesting because we have local reefers that breed and sell Nudis here in the Phoenix area. They always asking for free aiptasia covered rocks or frags and then selling the Aiptasia. It's kind of a slap in the face. "Hey, give me free food for my critters and then buy the critters you fed for me."

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting because we have local reefers that breed and sell Nudis here in the Phoenix area. They always asking for free aiptasia covered rocks or frags and then selling the Aiptasia. It's kind of a slap in the face. "Hey, give me free food for my critters and then buy the critters you fed for me."
If I were breeding and someone brought me a rock of aptasia, I'd happily send them home with a few nudis.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend is home! Hope you had a great time on the dive.
It was fabulous. Left the camera at home and just enjoyed being in the moment. Lots and lots of little pea puffers. It was a great time.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brackish?
No full salt they were just little Itty bitty puffers 4 inches max. I'm sure they weren't "pea" puffs but they looked similar.
New favorite fish (not reef safe tho) is an indigo hamlet. First time seeing one and they are really pretty.

Back