OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to love to see that tank stocked.
I guess I need to go back and catch up on what fish you are planning.
Fish heheheeheeeee. I haven't even gotten to that part yet. But seriously I have my 2 clowns, a couple other damsels (one that will not be moving into the new tank because they are a bully) and my vlamingi tang. The tang is the one I'm worried most about bc they get so large. I would really like a blue throat trigger, or a reef safe angel, or a wrasse. But I really want some fun weird stuff like a horseshoe crab or some weird starfish.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Mibu don't tell @Stang67 that I won $250 to the Reef Chasers sale yesterday...
What!!! Well good for you that's awesome. Now get your but in gear and get that new tank set up. I have 3 orders coming on Friday 2 of which include 250$ Mystery boxes I traded for my gift cards.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vlamingis are so awesome! I wont get one. My tank is too small even short term. Angels are off my list. Reef safe ones aren't as pretty as the kind of reef safe angels.

I hope you get a nice angel :)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What!!! Well good for you that's awesome. Now get your but in gear and get that new tank set up. I have 3 orders coming on Friday 2 of which include 250$ Mystery boxes I traded for my gift cards.
I bought my sump! Eshopps RS200. Gotta build an overflow and leak test. Coming soon! I started the thread finally!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my sump! Eshopps RS200. Gotta build an overflow and leak test. Coming soon! I started the thread finally!
OK so now I'm lurking on your build.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vlamingis are so awesome! I wont get one. My tank is too small even short term. Angels are off my list. Reef safe ones aren't as pretty as the kind of reef safe angels.

I hope you get a nice angel :)
An angel is on the short list for sure. I'm hoping to find one that will leave everything alone. I was also thinking an eel may be really cool. But I have no clue how to keep them or what they would need. Looks like maybe I'll be doing some research soon.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a synergy ghost overflow. It is really quiet
dumb and dumber GIF

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never met an eel that didn't love shellfish !

I wanted a regal angelfish. But, more than likely to gobble up my bubble tip, cynarina, trachy and acans. They fair well in sps tanks.

My luck huh? I could sell everyone. Turn into a stick head and get a regal!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never met an eel that didn't love shellfish !

I wanted a regal angelfish. But, more than likely to gobble up my bubble tip, cynarina, trachy and acans. They fair well in sps tanks.

My luck huh? I could sell everyone. Turn into a stick head and get a regal!
I have had no luck with sticks. I have 3 in my 10g that will eventually end up here, but they are just a birdsnest, a bubblegum digi and some weird green thing. It's been 2 months and I have killed them yet.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Mibu don't tell @Stang67 that I won $250 to the Reef Chasers sale yesterday...
You're always winning something LOL!

@Stang67 I don't know how I got on your Build thread but WOW! What a good read! What an awesome tank, stand, rock scape and sump! Best of luck and I can't wait for more updates

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're always winning something LOL!

@Stang67 I don't know how I got on your Build thread but WOW! What a good read! What an awesome tank, stand, rock scape and sump! Best of luck and I can't wait for more updates
Thanks so much! I appreciate it.
sci-fi applause GIF by RiffTrax

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So all the sand is in. Scape is 95% done just need to incorporate what is moving over from the old tank. That's tomorrow's project after the dentist. Then Friday is fish and 3 shipments of coral.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is finally light at the end of the tunnel. Fish and rock from old tank were put in this afternoon. News from the dentist was not good, but hey is what it is. I need to move some of the scape around to make it more how I want but I need a second set of hands to help so that will most likely get done on Sunday. I am very happy that we are almost done. And I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out. I am so proud of myself and what I was able to accomplish. Lights are out to let everyone relax and get used to the new neighborhood.
20220428_175405.jpg

I have to program the powerheads and lights, straighten up some of the cords as well but other then those few things we are good. Temp is at 77. Salinity is at 35. No leaks. Ato is hooked up. Inkbird is set with heaters.
Going to let it cycle through for 24 hrs then test. Hopefully some lit pix this weekend.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back