Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230205_150045.jpg

Glass dirty but it's gorgeous. Love the rings of colors.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't tell on the bottom one. Is that a St Thomas?
Thats the new one. I didn't ask the name just never saw one like it before and had to have it. The outer ring is like a teal then red then green on a dark blue background. It was more then I wanted to spend but it was a really great lfs and I liked it. He gave me choice and I said he could pick. He gave me the biggest one they had.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What shop was it?

ETA: Reef Chasers has some Rhodactis like that bottom one. Troll's Blood or something.
Local fish store called Salty Critters. They had a male blue jaw trigger and I almost but didn't. And they had a GORGEOUS Lamarks Angel that was huge and cheap and didn't on that either. Want to get Pu and the devil damsel out first. Man picked out some clowns he liked tho so we will be getting them for the new tank once it's up. He likes the fancy designer ones. Just my luck.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the new one. I didn't ask the name just never saw one like it before and had to have it. The outer ring is like a teal then red then green on a dark blue background. It was more then I wanted to spend but it was a really great lfs and I liked it. He gave me choice and I said he could pick. He gave me the biggest one they had.
Are the red vestebles raised and inflated like oddly shaped bounces?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Local fish store called Salty Critters. They had a male blue jaw trigger and I almost but didn't. And they had a GORGEOUS Lamarks Angel that was huge and cheap and didn't on that either. Want to get Pu and the devil damsel out first. Man picked out some clowns he liked tho so we will be getting them for the new tank once it's up. He likes the fancy designer ones. Just my luck.
Lamarck's is on my list - my wife is thrilled (sarcasm intended)! What is "cheap" in your book?

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So while the shenanigans are happening over on the "other" thread there is actually not much going on here in the 180. Parameters have leveled out and things seem to be happy again. I upped the lights just a bit and dosed some more life source. Going to do that once a month now bc I do think it has helped. Still putting in live phyto and mb7 a couple times a week if I remember. Have some stuff on reserve at the LEAR swap in a few weeks hint hint stay tuned. Tomorrow will be aptasia day.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone following this use the Moonshiners method? thinking now that things seem back to normal its time to mess them up again. I have downloaded the manual and plan on reading through it Sunday between commercials. I really want the 180 to start growing and filling in. I am seeing much better growth and extension/poofiness since the dino's left. Just thinking time to kick it up a notch.
Sent out an API test the other day so I can use those results to start from. As far as the MIA Fauna Marine test I contacted them and they are sending me out a replacement since it had the wrong address on the mailing label.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you like it? the hooch i mean not the "IT" they are all thinking of. plus that is NOT what she said. just no.
Yes, I'm literally the worst with water changes, this is a life saver. Initially you'll send off a bunch of tests but your tank will fall into a rhythm (for my big tank it was about 6m) and you can cut back on mail outs and predict your monthly doses in between.

Right now I'm just doing my dailies in the cube and mailing out every 3ish months but not much got moved into it so there's not a lot getting utilized.

I'll be back on strong after the move & refill.

Ref water changes: I have pretty good output for nutrients which is why I barely bother. Filter roller instead of socks, skimmer, and ats. I usually do a quick wc to remove detritus buildup from the sump corners every 6 months and that's it.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone following this use the Moonshiners method? thinking now that things seem back to normal its time to mess them up again. I have downloaded the manual and plan on reading through it Sunday between commercials. I really want the 180 to start growing and filling in. I am seeing much better growth and extension/poofiness since the dino's left. Just thinking time to kick it up a notch.
Sent out an API test the other day so I can use those results to start from. As far as the MIA Fauna Marine test I contacted them and they are sending me out a replacement since it had the wrong address on the mailing label.
The what now?

I tried the search machine but I don't know what it means.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm literally the worst with water changes, this is a life saver. Initially you'll send off a bunch of tests but your tank will fall into a rhythm (for my big tank it was about 6m) and you can cut back on mail outs and predict your monthly doses in between.

Right now I'm just doing my dailies in the cube and mailing out every 3ish months but not much got moved into it so there's not a lot getting utilized.

I'll be back on strong after the move & refill.

Ref water changes: I have pretty good output for nutrients which is why I barely bother. Filter roller instead of socks, skimmer, and ats. I usually do a quick wc to remove detritus buildup from the sump corners every 6 months and that's it.
I am reading through some threads between work. seems like those that use it are happy overall. I dont mind the water changes so much since I have the AWC in place I can do a little every day. But I have not started that yet tbh. I was thinking for more complete elements vs just that in the salt may help overall tank / coral performance. Plus with the new office tank I can always use the supplements in both tanks just send out 2 kits. I think that may justify the costs for me at least a little.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The what now?

I tried the search machine but I don't know what it means.

really good video on post #58

Back