KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You monster...

I 100% agree.

Someone cares!
I still have the one up in the 40g office tank. But if it pulls any splits it's gone. I started with one. I ended up with 12 not fun.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still have the one up in the 40g office tank. But if it pulls any splits it's gone. I started with one. I ended up with 12 not fun.
HOW do you guys get this to happen? My bta will not grow, will not split.. .It sits on a rock fighting with my pavona.... I'm going to a corner and gunna cry...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOW do you guys get this to happen? My bta will not grow, will not split.. .It sits on a rock fighting with my pavona.... I'm going to a corner and gunna cry...
Crappy water. I make it think it's gonna die and it spits from shear fear.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with peppermint shrimp but they are very similar looking to camel back shrimp especially to the untrained eye. A lot of time Carmel backs are being sold as peppermint. Gotta make sure they are true peppermint shrimp

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20230319_165600743.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is called "Green Side of Nexus" Joker Nem which I believe simply means Joker since the Nexus is basically one side Joker, the other side Sunburst or something so mine is missing the Sunburst.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is called "Green Side of Nexus" Joker Nem which I believe simply means Joker since the Nexus is basically one side Joker, the other side Sunburst or something so mine is missing the Sunburst.
I hope as it grows, the sunburst shows up.
20210510_191234.jpg

My orig. Bta.
Beautiful bta

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NRR. Longish post.
Pulling out of drive last night heading to Job#2. Bald eagle flew over the house. Now this is not a new thing here. They have been reestablishing themselves for the last 5ish years in a place called the Mentor Marsh. (Digression ahead) the place used to catch on fire (a theme in NE ohio) in the summer when I was a kid and the house would have ash snow on it. Nothing good came out of the marsh. Until the eagles started coming back. Now I have seen a few and it always makes me stop and watch them. This time it was different. It was close. Close enough when it flew over that I could see it had a huge fish in its talons, hint Lake Erie. Then it proceeded to fly up in the neighbors tree, perch there and eat the whole friggin fish. And I watched it the whole time. Neighbors probably thought I was nuts but what the heck ever. Bird was huge too. Anyway it made my day and thought of share. See crappy pic below.
20230314_164042.jpg
One of the few things I'll miss here are all the raptors and their fish from the canal. Since it's so close, when they catch something and fly off they're still really low so all you see is the fish flapping around. We've had a few accidental gifts as well - Matt's had to go up on the roof to pull some because they start to stink fast. We had one dropped almost on us when we were in the backyard.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on something today. I hate to admit it because I'm not a quitter and I try my hardest to make things work. Sometimes you just have to know when to call it. I have been struggling with getting the kamoer Awc system set up since December. I am now admitting defeat. It's just not gonna happen. I should have known better. It's not the unit it's just not going to work with how my layout is and how I have my sump and barrels set up. If anyone is interested let me know. It's up on the FB as we speak. Stupid Becky what were you thinking?
Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on something today. I hate to admit it because I'm not a quitter and I try my hardest to make things work. Sometimes you just have to know when to call it. I have been struggling with getting the kamoer Awc system set up since December. I am now admitting defeat. It's just not gonna happen. I should have known better. It's not the unit it's just not going to work with how my layout is and how I have my sump and barrels set up. If anyone is interested let me know. It's up on the FB as we speak. Stupid Becky what were you thinking?
Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures
I have had nothing but issues with the connection on my kamoer dosers. They aren't even currently set up because of it.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had nothing but issues with the connection on my kamoer dosers. They aren't even currently set up because of it.
The wifi was OK once I got a router that split the 2.4 and 5 g signal out into separate "chanels". My issue was the fact that I just couldn't get it to pump out or in. It was because the tubing was hard. It would have worked fine with soft but my angles and runs would crimp it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The wifi was OK once I got a router that split the 2.4 and 5 g signal out into separate "chanels". My issue was the fact that I just couldn't get it to pump out or in. It was because the tubing was hard. It would have worked fine with soft but my angles and runs would crimp it.
What about soft tubing 90s or 45s?

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about soft tubing 90s or 45s?
When I bought it off the marketplace here the person told me that the soft tubing caused issues with the calibration bw in and out. And because I have such a long run to cover I would likely have similar issues. Eventually water in and water out would get out of sync. Volume wise. Not really a big deal bc it can be calibrated and it's simple to do. So I got all hardline tubing. There were conversion fittings that took it from soft to hard and that seems to be where the issue is with the loss of suction. So I could run all soft with fittings and see, but for me it's become more of a headache then it's worth. Especially since the way I was doing it was just fine. I wanted a fancy new toy/gadget that I thought would make life easier and it has been nothing but a pita. With all the hassle I have had I don't really trust the darn thing. Nothing against it just a me thing. Sucks because I could have used the $$ for other things but hey live and learn. If I can't get rid of it I may try the soft tubing but it will have to wait awhile.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I bought it off the marketplace here the person told me that the soft tubing caused issues with the calibration bw in and out. And because I have such a long run to cover I would likely have similar issues. Eventually water in and water out would get out of sync. Volume wise. Not really a big deal bc it can be calibrated and it's simple to do. So I got all hardline tubing. There were conversion fittings that took it from soft to hard and that seems to be where the issue is with the loss of suction. So I could run all soft with fittings and see, but for me it's become more of a headache then it's worth. Especially since the way I was doing it was just fine. I wanted a fancy new toy/gadget that I thought would make life easier and it has been nothing but a pita. With all the hassle I have had I don't really trust the darn thing. Nothing against it just a me thing. Sucks because I could have used the $$ for other things but hey live and learn. If I can't get rid of it I may try the soft tubing but it will have to wait awhile.
Have you posted it here? OfferUp is another great option.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back