Thoughts on FLUVAL Marine & Reef 2.0 Lights?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by 125gSW, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 125gSW

125gSW Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

What's everyones thoughts on the lights below:
    http://fluvalaquatics.com/us/saltwater/aquarium-lighting/series/marine-and-reef-2/

I know they're not super high end, but I am slowly trying to transition into reef. Looking for something that's at a good price range, can sit right on top of the tank, and can allow me to keep beginner/easy corals. I would rather buy a high end light setup when I'm prepared to actually utilize its full function.

2. EriksOasis

EriksOasis Well-Known Member

For the price I would recommend spending a little bit more and getting aqua illumination prime they are $200 and proven to grow corals.

125gSW likes this.
  3. 125gSW

125gSW Well-Known Member

Any specific model for a 72" length tank?

4. EriksOasis

EriksOasis Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like the fluval sea makes one for a 72" so you might need two of those anyway. They look like they might be able to allow you some low light corals. And the hydra 52 are quite expensive.

5. 125gSW

125gSW Well-Known Member

True, I am aiming for 36" 2 strips. I don't mind paying a bit more, but I dont want to go all out if its not gonna be used entirely. Plus having extra lights as I upgrade makes excuses to get more tanks :) lol

Draft saved Draft deleted