Thoughts on FLUVAL Marine & Reef 2.0 Lights?

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

What's everyones thoughts on the lights below:
http://fluvalaquatics.com/us/saltwater/aquarium-lighting/series/marine-and-reef-2/

I know they're not super high end, but I am slowly trying to transition into reef. Looking for something that's at a good price range, can sit right on top of the tank, and can allow me to keep beginner/easy corals. I would rather buy a high end light setup when I'm prepared to actually utilize its full function.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price I would recommend spending a little bit more and getting aqua illumination prime they are $200 and proven to grow corals.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price I would recommend spending a little bit more and getting aqua illumination prime they are $200 and proven to grow corals.

Any specific model for a 72" length tank?

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like the fluval sea makes one for a 72" so you might need two of those anyway. They look like they might be able to allow you some low light corals. And the hydra 52 are quite expensive.

OP
OP

125gSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like the fluval sea makes one for a 72" so you might need two of those anyway. They look like they might be able to allow you some low light corals. And the hydra 52 are quite expensive.

True, I am aiming for 36" 2 strips. I don't mind paying a bit more, but I dont want to go all out if its not gonna be used entirely. Plus having extra lights as I upgrade makes excuses to get more tanks :) lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back