Three times this week..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slo-blink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slo-blink

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Nashville Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ... Three times this week I've discovered something new in my tank. First was a brittle star, second was a really cool sponge and now this popped up outa no where....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416359943.212093.jpg
 
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417312228.181656.jpg


Here is a little better pic. It doesn't look like any aptasia I've ever seen. Wavy tentacles clear in color
 
I have those on a rock in my tank. They have the look of a anemone but they have a calcium structure in the rock. They don't spread fast at all. I had like 2 the rock they are on have no much xenia they can't be seen at all.
 
It's called phyllangia americana, common hitchhiker on live rock.
Phyllangia.jpg
 
and one of my favorite corals of all time. I had a bluish purple one that hitchhiked on a gorgonian and it was gorgeous. Feed it like any other LPS. Enjoy.
 
Had one of these before. Thought it was some kinda dendro. But my dogface destroyed it :/ at least somebody got to enjoy him. Nom nom . lol
 
It is a dendro I seen some at a LFS. It is just like a sun coral just have to feed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new