Tidal Gardens Aquascape

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued live wet rock from my tank. Put back into tank quickly and no issues. Just let the glue cure a bit. 5-10 minutes.

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine about 2 months after completion. I used wet cured rock I've been soaking for about 8 months. Loved doing this. Can't wait to see my coral all grown out...

20210408_164405.jpg
20210408_164417.jpg
20210408_164421.jpg
20210408_164425.jpg
20210408_170620.jpg
This is amazing work! Right on.

JonCherba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what exactly is the best sand to use for this thin CA joint for scaping? I have the CA that was recommended by TidalGardens in their video, I purchased the 8oz bottle from GlueMasters, just need to pick up the sand.

Isolatedreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capture.PNG

Breakdown Of The Glue We Used

We found that using Glue Masters THIN was the absolute best glue for what we needed.
Hi Than,
In your video you mentioned that you would use BSI thin glue in a pinch. Do you think you could use it to build the whole scape, and it would be strong enough? I live in Canada, and can find this, but not the GlueMasters.
Thanks!

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used this method today to put together my hardscape. A couple of observations:

Layer the sand and glue.

Wear gloves. The glue will bond to skin almost instantly.

This stuff gets hot. Seriously. It burned my hand through a pair of leather work gloves.

Once I got the hang of it, glueing together the rocks went quick. The bond is very strong.
IMG_20210630_150538.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I burned my fingers too. Through the gloves. All those little things you learn. You got a few great points. Heavy gloves, layering the sand and glue, wear a mask, it smells horrible, and enjoy cuz it works great.

camineet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of sand is exactly is the "really fine substrate from CaribSea"?

camineet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys at gluemasters have been great. Got my order today. They're working hard despite challenges in the world these days.

In other news, as I suspected, breaking up rocks to get additional powder was ridiculous. In the parking lot of my condo pounding rocks with an engineer hammer while they spattered around despite me making a cardboard box for them.

I've just now contacted marco rocks to see if they'll sell me powder. To anyone who is considering this scaping method, this is just an FYI. You need a proper place to do the powder making. And it's one of those things that takes a hobby and an afternoon and just trashes it.

You either risk damaging a surface in your home, or one outside where you have no business doing this kind of thing. I did it in my condo parking spot, so at least I'm only pounding on my spot.

Really hoping marco rocks can sell this stuff. I suspect the only way to get that reaction with the incredible bond is with the powder, and some other medium like sugar sized sand just won't produce the same results.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys at gluemasters have been great. Got my order today. They're working hard despite challenges in the world these days.

In other news, as I suspected, breaking up rocks to get additional powder was ridiculous. In the parking lot of my condo pounding rocks with an engineer hammer while they spattered around despite me making a cardboard box for them.

I've just now contacted marco rocks to see if they'll sell me powder. To anyone who is considering this scaping method, this is just an FYI. You need a proper place to do the powder making. And it's one of those things that takes a hobby and an afternoon and just trashes it.

You either risk damaging a surface in your home, or one outside where you have no business doing this kind of thing. I did it in my condo parking spot, so at least I'm only pounding on my spot.

Really hoping marco rocks can sell this stuff. I suspect the only way to get that reaction with the incredible bond is with the powder, and some other medium like sugar sized sand just won't produce the same results.
Just use a mortar and pestle. I got one from tj max for $10. Works like a charm and quickly. I’ll video how easy and fast it is if anyone wants.

Back