Tiger Conch Temp Tank Switch

cconnolly

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
184
Reaction score
168
Location
Richmond, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a Tiger conch for our second tank that I’ve recently started up. It seems happy and been doing it’s thing.

I’m wondering if I can borrow it for my second tank which is about a year old to cleanup the sandbed for a few days and then place him back in its original tank. Just want to make sure this won’t overly stress it or potentially cause some other issue that I’m not thinking about.
 
No reason why not assuming tank is otherwise healthy. Just make sure the parameters support the acclimation method you choose if any.
The only occasional issue I have with the older tank is cyano will show up for a week every couple months and then go away. All parameters look good though and fish/corals/inverts seem happy & healthy.

Was thinking about just floating the conch in a bag as the temp might be different to acclimate. The lighting is vastly different as BioCube is stock and the IM Lagoon has a hydra 32. Use the same salt & rodi in both tanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new